Hi all,how do you guys..do a pick slide.I can't seem to do it.please help me out here,thanks.
just like doing a normal slide. but you use a pick...

I put my tobacco under my upper lip, just like anyone would do.

Yamaha RGX A2, Fender FM 212R.
Take your pick, turn it so that the longer side is facing the neck, put pressure on a string (A) and slide down the neck from the high frets to the lower frets.
Hmm... I guess you do it with the picking hand no? Like threadstarter, I can't ever get it to sound right.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Quote by rbmason
Hmm... I guess you do it with the picking hand no? Like threadstarter, I can't ever get it to sound right.

Yep, you gotta use your picking hand to do it.
use distortion, sounds like crap clean
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
so i just take the "long-side" of the pick and slide it along the string?but then it doesn't sound as nice or anywhere near those pick slides i've heard in some songs.IT just sounded...weird
I've seen people do something with their fretting hand while sliding the pick with the picking hand.. does this affect the kind of sound you get? How is this done?
ya. you wanna hold the pick parallel to the string and have the more pointed side pointing towards you, with the pick on its side. ( looking like this | if you looked across your guitar [parallel to the pick ups]) then slide it up, say, the A string towards the neck so that the pick gets in the grooves of the wound string and hits off each one of those. hold your fretting hand will affect the tone slightly
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!