well ive had my guitar for a little over two months. the intonation is completely out and the strings are rattling especially the 5th and 6th. can anyone tell me whts going on and how to fix it? thanx.
what type of guitar is it?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
what size strings are you using and what tuning are you in? if your using 8's and are tuned down to B standard, there will be problems, and thats just hypothetically.
Since you haven't been playing very long, it may be due to the way you are fretting. Try to keep your fingers as close as possible to the fret to keep a nice sound. It may have something to do with your action though. Action is the space in beetween the fretboard and guitar and the strings. The higher the action the harder you have to push the strings to fret but there is such thing as having your action to high, you can go to a guitar store to get it lowered or highered.
Quote by electricwizard_
its a strat. and i use standard tuning.

Logz
thanx man.

on a strat it's very important to make sure the bridge is level. in some lower end models it needs to be tight. (flush against the body)

a string gauge change can raise a bridge, pull at a headstock and make strings seem less tense.

that also messes with the intonation, and strings not intonated properly can feel very loose.

if strings are buzzing against frets, then raise them. with a tiny allen wrench, u can lower the two pegs on the face of each saddle, and raise the buzzing strings.

if the bridge is raised, you can tighten the two screws in the back trem cavity.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011