Maybe they mean hand assembled rather than built, but than again I have one and it sounds and feels great so I would believe it.
Moonchild of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join

Quote by PinkIsCool
UG- The only place where a heartwarming moment can easily be turned into an act of homosexuality and incest.

If MF says it it's good enough for you.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
^ i saw a video of the meican fender factory... everything is hand assembled and hand painted...they only use machines for cutting and such
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by latinosuperstud
^ i saw a video of the meican fender factory... everything is hand assembled and hand painted...they only use machines for cutting and such

Aren't Gibsons also hand-assembled in the same way that they use machines?
Quote by Der Bomber
Aren't Gibsons also hand-assembled in the same way that they use machines?

That's the technique that most high end makers use. They get the bodies cut by machine then assemble by hand. Even guitars such as Parkers are done this way.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
All guitars are "handbuilt." There is no robotic arm that makes a guitar like a car being made in a factory. As others have said, there is a difference between CNC milling and assembly compared to a handsawn guitar.
handbuilt my balls, do you really think that every fender guitar is handbuilt?

all assembly lines, what you might see on the fender website videos of a guitar made is completely different to how they are actually made, all the wiring would be done by hand but thats about it....
Last edited by thatguy147 at Mar 12, 2007,
No fender is def better
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest Left Handed
Yamaha FG720SL Acoustic
Amp(s):
Fender Blues Junior (needs new tubes )
Guitar Rig 4, if that counts
How come? I've even heard that ESP's have better QC than Gibson, or are you implying that Fender has better QC than Gibson?
Quote by Der Bomber
How come? I've even heard that ESP's have better QC than Gibson, or are you implying that Fender has better QC than Gibson?

That's definitely the case. You buy a MiA Strat and you're pretty much guaranteed a great guitar. I wouldn't take that risk with a Gibson, I'd have to spend a long time playing them to find one that's just right.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Ya, Gibsons are a bit iffy when it comes to quality. Fender does have great quality though. I've never seen or heard anyone say anything bad about MIA Strats, and the Mexican ones too are supposed to be really up to par. With gibsons, it seems like 5% of thier guitars have shity quality, ranging from the $1000 to the $2500 ones. You can't go wrong with Fender quality, which is why I bought mine without even touching it beforehand.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station