how do people do this?

im thinking about doing this and i have a pretty good inclination that i could just use a spin art table.
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
Dip your penis in paint and wank over your guitar so i hear anyway.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
thats right.
Ibanez Custom RG 120
Epiphone Custom SG Special
Line-6 Spider III 150 Combo
Marshall MG

Quote by Paul Gilbert
"Who cares what your fingers are doing? As long as it sounds cool!"

My Website

Jon Blake Music
yeah i heard that too. i was just wondering you know if you guys wanted to have a circle jerk with me when i did it...

but seriously. how do they do it?
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
i dunno about you but thats sig worthy
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'

Quote by zeppelinpage4
ALRIGHT! three's a crowd. lets get this show on the road UG's BIGGEST CIRCLE JERK!
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'

Quote by zeppelinpage4
dudes stop spamming, seriously.....

you should take some sort of small SOFT ball, dip it in paint and throw it at your guitar (obviously sand first and add base color) you could also get a toothbrush, dip it in paint and flick it at the guitar. Just be creative, you can put paint on almost anything and use that to paint your guitar, every item will give a different outcome.

Get some cardboard and try on that before ****ing up your guitar.

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
I saw it on art attack. Use cotton wool balls, tissue paper and used tea bags. Then dip 'em in flourencent paint and drop them onto your axe. The reason the paint spreads towards the outside of the guitar is probably cos it's spinning while they're throwing stuff at it.
Quote by sashki
wool balls, tissue paper and tea bags.

you see what i did there? huh? do you?
Quote by Dirtydeeds468

it's true
lmao
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Again,

For those unfamiliar with the SplatterCaster ...

Throwing paint using some delivery mechanism (teabag, wool ball, softball, etc.) would probably work but I can imagine how messy and uncontrolled the results would be.

Using some spinning mechanism would result in a circular pattern, similar to 3 of Crash's Strat PGs, see below:

I'd pour a diluted amount of paint in the center, then quickly flick it. The action will cause the radial pattern you see in the top pictures. Keep doing this until the whole area is "splattered."

The key to the above process is to ensure sufficient drying so your hands don't smudge the done area. Maybe, if you can somehow attach a "handle" in the back so you won't have to hold the body itself. This will allow you to keep flicking, without having to wait for it to dry, etc.

Last edited by Ippon at Mar 11, 2007,
those two look so cool. I would be intrested in finding out how to do it properly as well.

If they had maple fretboards i would sex piss instantly

Edit:

I belive the fender bodies are held to a high speed spinning wheel then paint is poured onto of them. The high spin speeds would make the paint run and slip off creating the long lines that you can see. At least thats what i think

PSN ID: ArranP
Last edited by apmaman at Mar 11, 2007,
i want that second one down
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Man, if only my guitar wasn't too nice to do that too, id do it.(Id do it to a squire or used fender or something I didnt care much about.)

Anyways, wasnt the splattercaster a limited run guitar made by fender also?
My setup specs:

Guitars: Fender 50's stratocaster
Old jr accoustic crap guitar.

Amp: Roland cube 20x (Going to probably be traded in for a blues jr soon though.)

Effects: Dunlop gcb-95 wah
Boss dd-6 delay
i say the circle jerk idea wouls work,
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
get a chicken(preferably live), dip its feet in paint then make it run across your guitar
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Don't they put the guitar body on a lazy suzan, spin it, and drip paint on it?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club

oh.... ok, then its different from what I thought it would be!

I was thinking like real splatters.... that doesn't seem so hard to do, just get a spinning table, put a big amount of paint in the middle and let it ride! I'd say do it with the pickguard on and tape from below the electronics holes, otherwise you will end up with all the paint in your cavities.

nice guitars btw!

Quote by robbo_0013

Quote by spazzymagee417
Last edited by UniverseZero at Mar 12, 2007,
i want the paint in the cavities im doing this
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'

Quote by zeppelinpage4
^ You don't want it in the neck cavity.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Maybe I can do this to my strat, its daphne blue then I could get seafoam green and another color and do it.

However, I dont want to mess up my guitar, so maybe I should get a squire someday and do it.
My setup specs:

Guitars: Fender 50's stratocaster
Old jr accoustic crap guitar.

Amp: Roland cube 20x (Going to probably be traded in for a blues jr soon though.)

Effects: Dunlop gcb-95 wah
Boss dd-6 delay
If you put the body on a rotating buffet, you can put the diluted paint in the middle and spin it.

Just an idea..
All spam posts have been warned. This is not the pit.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Why the **** did I get a warning... ?
Ibanez Custom RG 120
Epiphone Custom SG Special
Line-6 Spider III 150 Combo
Marshall MG

Quote by Paul Gilbert
"Who cares what your fingers are doing? As long as it sounds cool!"

My Website

Jon Blake Music
Quote by redSG
thats right.

That's why. Don't post unless you have something worthwhile to say, not to confirm something that has already been confirmed.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Get a popsicle stick and put it right beside the nozzle of the spray can. angle it so that it cuts off the paint in mid spray. Thatll give it the effect u want. my friend did that to his 72 Vette. done by a pro tho, of course

EDIT: Paintball grenades. just nail it square in the middle.
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
Quote by The_Clap
i want the paint in the cavities im doing this

you don't want it in any cavities, if you leave the cavities open then all of the paint will end up pooling insided of them and not get to the outer border of the guitar... that is just logical common sense.

Quote by robbo_0013

Quote by spazzymagee417
how fast do you reckon you'll need to have the guitar spinning to get that effect? and The paint would have to be pritty thin as well yea?

Been looking for a tutorial for this for ages!

PSN ID: ArranP
ok, i have a serious suggestion.

cover EVERYTHING with newspaper except the guitar body, get a tin of paint, fill it wiht the colours(with cardboard devides, take the devides out, insert firework, light AND RUN LIKE HELL

(i saw it on Mr. Bean like 12 years ago)
Custom 4 String P/J-Bass
Zoom B2.1u
Ashdown Thomann Special Edition 180w
Ashdown Perfect 10 Combo

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
^ You obviously didn't see the Mythbusters episode where they disproved that. All it does is leave an ugly blobly mess.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Quote by Ippon
Again,

If you insist. Heres a pic of my Splatter Strat

/brag

I hear that you can have an effect like this by using oil based paint that floats, putting the paint in water, and you can use a stick to move the paint into the design you want. place the strat on top, and the paint will stay to the guitar. Not too sure how smart it would be putting a guitar in water though, haha. Maybe you could try either throwing spongeballs dipped in paint at it, or the spin-paint thing. OR... maybe you could get a paintball gun, get a shitload of different color paintballs, and just shoot the strat up. That would give it a unique finish