Been playing guitar for a little over a year now, and I'm to the point where I can play several songs all the way through... I've started messing around recording myself play with some software, and I'm pretty pleased... The only thing is that I have to have the mic really close to the sound hole for it to be audible. Even after its recorded its not as loud as I would like. Ive checked my mic input settings and everything, but everything is at the highest volume... How would one go about this?
I heard the best mic placement for acoustic guitar is between 6-12'' and pointed directly at the bridge. Thats what the sound guy at church says, and it seems to work pretty well.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Quote by averagejoe327
Been playing guitar for a little over a year now, and I'm to the point where I can play several songs all the way through... I've started messing around recording myself play with some software, and I'm pretty pleased... The only thing is that I have to have the mic really close to the sound hole for it to be audible. Even after its recorded its not as loud as I would like. Ive checked my mic input settings and everything, but everything is at the highest volume... How would one go about this?

it sounds like to me that you need some kind of a pre-amp for the mic.