I was thinkin about getting a multi-FX pedal like one by digitech but my brother keeps telling me singles are better. Which schould i go with.
It depends entirely on your budget and what you are looking for.
If you want 20+ different effects, a multi-fx is the only realistic way to go. On the other hand, if you know of a few effects that you want, you can just buy those in single pedal format, which will undoubtedly sound much better.
^ +1, exactly.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i have a multy fx pedal. it sucks! i shuld have bought a single since i only use wha and distortion.....sometimes metal monkey...
If you're looking to have more control over your sound and the affect the FX are having, get single pedals. They're much more precise. If you're wanting a load of FX and want to be able to have different settings through a button, get Multi-FX. But generally speaking, single pedals are often much better than Multi-FX.

Example; I have a KORG AX10G, but also four single pedals. The sound from those pedals with me being able to dial in exactly what I want is much better than my Multi-FX. But if I want quick access to change channels, and want to have digital pre-amp's, etc, I'd use the Multi-FX.
So, what effects are you looking for, and how much are you willing to spend?