I have an Ibanez S470, I need new pickups, a new amp is coming soon (Epi VJ and Laney cab) I play Hard rock, Blues, classic rock, metal (black sabbath type metal) stuff liek Steve Vai and Joe Satriani.

I'm in the market for some Bare Knuckles (pricey, I know but i may be able to afford it with the recent boost of money i have got) I was thinking:
THESE ARE ONLY THE HUMBUCKERS BTW I'M STILL DECIDING WHICH SINGLE I WANT

Cold Sweat Bridge, Emerald Neck.
Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat neck
Nailbomb bridge, Emerald neck
Maybe
Cold Swear Bridge Nailbomb neck.

For the neck I'm wanting that nice smooth sound, think "The Sun Goes down" by thin lizzy, Parisienne (cant spell) walkways by Thin Lizzy and Gary Moore, and "Still in love with you" by thin lizzy

For the bridge I'm looking for versatility, ranging from David Lee Roth to Megadeth, One that can get heavier sounds but can also handle softer stuff.

Anyway what do you guys think would be best?
Also If you have any other suggestions (with soundclips please) i'd gladly take a look.

Thanks in advance
- Rory -
I'm told the Holydiver is great for '80s metal stuff.

Have you considered a high-gain combo instead of the VJ halfstack? I really don't think the Epi is the best choice for your type of music...
I heard it is, classic rock blues and black sabbath. Also I'd only be holding onto it til october cos i cant stand this MG.

No high gain tube combos for £200.

And I'm not really looking for 80s metal, even though I do play a bit of 80s metal (megadeth, van halen etc) it isnt my main priority.
I don't think the VJ stock has enough gain for parisienne walkways, but it has enough gain for classic rock and the like.

for the pickups, I'd post over at the BKP forums and pm tim, much better answers over there.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?