you mean you have a peavey cab?
in that case yes you can.
and it will sound like a tube amp.
if your trying to hook an amp to an amp i dont know what the hell your trying to do.
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
^ No he means a Peavy SS. Anyway, I'm not sure. Can't you like damage the both the head and the amp because of the wattage difference, etc? You're best off getting a cab for the head instead of running it through a SS.
If you plug an amp head into the guitar input of another amp, the second amp will explode. It's built to process the signal of a guitar, equivalent to approximately ZERO WATTS. If you send in a processed signal from a tube amp, the thing is going to be ridiculously overloaded, and then go boom.
Quote by Danno13
If you plug an amp head into the guitar input of another amp, the second amp will explode. It's built to process the signal of a guitar, equivalent to approximately ZERO WATTS. If you send in a processed signal from a tube amp, the thing is going to be ridiculously overloaded, and then go boom.

However, he could plug straight into the speaker if the necessary connections are there.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I remember plugging a Fender amp into a Marshall back in the 70's - it worked fine? I believe I ran from line out into the input on the front of the Marshall... or was I high? Isn't that "SLAVING" an amp?
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by Danno13

that would kinda suck, looks like it's still solid state for me
Quote by strangedogs
I remember plugging a Fender amp into a Marshall back in the 70's - it worked fine? I believe I ran from line out into the input on the front of the Marshall... or was I high? Isn't that "SLAVING" an amp?

thats right, i run a marshall through my bass amp with no probs.
A friend of mine ran his Marshall head through my SS amp once. It was fine. I still use it to this day.
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
What? There are Tube and SS cabs?

Well, I thought I was quite 'up' on my gear knowledge but this is news to me.

I thought perhaps speakers could be designed to work better with either tube or SS amps, but cabs with tubes?

Is this even what this thread is about, or am I going fooking crazy?
Quote by Abe
What? There are Tube and SS cabs?

Well, I thought I was quite 'up' on my gear knowledge but this is news to me.

I thought perhaps speakers could be designed to work better with either tube or SS amps, but cabs with tubes?

Is this even what this thread is about, or am I going fooking crazy?

you're going fooking crazy, i was asking if i could hook up a tube head to my solid state combo, but thanks for the input
Quote by strangedogs

The line out is very low power also (it's what you'd use if you wanted to record something on your computer or whatever).

The tube head will blow the second amp up. Don't do it.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.