ok, im getting 2000 dollars and i dont know what kind of guitar to get, im thinking an esp ax50 or a dean. mosers are too expensive but i could save up. was wondering if anyone could tell me what the best type of guitar, for under 1000 dollars is, like and ibanez, fender, anything like that. my crappy first act has had about all it can take so plz help me!
[quote="'']what kind of music do you play? do you need a floyd? do you prefer active or passive pickups? how many frets do you want? what shape of guitar would you like?

But eitherway. I recomend the Jackson rr24

+1

lmao that was great, acting like you needed some info before you could advise him:P
well i just startdd in decmeber so i was thinking about getting something easy and comforitable. so jsut a regular old shaped guitar. looks dont always matter. and about 22 frets. i play calssic rock and newer age rock. so yeah thnx for the advice
well i ahve $2000 but i wanted to buy a digital recording studio, (poratble, preferably a ZOOM), a BUNCH of custom picks, and a pedal.
You started in December and you already want to drop cash on a new guitar, recording gear, CUZTOMZ PIX!!!one!, and a pedal. I highly advise you to play a little longer before you want to drop $2000. Most people want to start spending cash on guitar stuff once they start because they are so exited, but 75% of the time people just give up.

But if your going to disregard my advice totally here is one thing. Always make sure you have a good amp before you have a good guitar.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
And not trying to bust your balls, but the custom picks thing makes you look like a noob. The custom picks is if your gigging and want to throw something cool into the crowd. But having custom picks just for yourself, dumb as hell.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
If you have a first act, sound like it is your first guitar. My warning.

Do not spend over 1k on your second guitar

Instead keep the price around 700$ and buy a nice 700$ acoustic and a nice 700$ electric, then you should have enough cash for an ok amp(After tax if you buy from a store, or shipping if you buy online)

You don't want to spend over 1k until you are on your 3rd guitar at least, so you know you are dedicated.
Quote by Funcoot
If you have a first act, sound like it is your first guitar. My warning.

Do not spend over 1k on your second guitar

Instead keep the price around 700$ and buy a nice 700$ acoustic and a nice 700$ electric, then you should have enough cash for an ok amp(After tax if you buy from a store, or shipping if you buy online)

You don't want to spend over 1k until you are on your 3rd guitar at least, so you know you are dedicated.

That's stupid. If you feel that you are dedicated, and want to drop $1,000 on your gear, then go for it. I would definitely make sure you have a sweet amp before you're buying a second guitar (especially if you have that much money).
Damn, you have generous parents.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Buy a marshall head, an orange cab, then spend whatever is left on a Standard strat or epi les paul.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
man why are you spending so much on your second guitar? my second is a 150 dollar Ibanez grX20, then with the rest of my money i bought a $650 Marshall Valvestate, the guitar is decent and the amp kicks ass. that's the way to go man, focus on the amp, and then maybe a pedal or something
bust a lick

my stuff:
Ibanez grX20
Marshall Valvestate 100 watts
Casio Keyboard
peavey millenium 5bxp
Ibanez 65w bass amp

Phantasmagoric Riffster of the Knights Who Say Ni!
Pm SGstriker to join
The thing that strikes me with the most concern is that you have only been playing since December. Thats only 3-4 months!
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by gibsonpenguin
That's stupid. If you feel that you are dedicated, and want to drop $1,000 on your gear, then go for it. I would definitely make sure you have a sweet amp before you're buying a second guitar (especially if you have that much money).

Anyone can think they are dedicated, until they hit a roadblock.