ok i had another thread about this but im getting worried now.

i want the DSL 50 more than the DSL 100 because im told its better sound and so on BUT im scared it wont be loud enough or ill have to turn it up a fare bit at a gig most people have said its fine but like 1 in 10 says no get the 100 the 50 is too quite!

how far would i have to turn it up to be loud enough to play lead guitar?
get a DSL 100
the time i burnt my guitar was like a sacrifice. you sacrifice the things you love, i love my guitar-jimi hendrix
50 watts tube is more than enough for most gigging situations and who caresn if you have to crank it this is when tube amps shine.
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
50 will be fine. I swear to you, as long as the other guitarist isn't using 100 watts (or if he is, as long as he can turn it down) you'll be a-ok.
Seriously, 50 watts of valve power is all you'll EVER need. I've got a 30 watt valve amp and I've yet needed to crank it past 5.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
ok cool thanks well the other guitarist has a standard 150 watt line 6 and doesnt put it past 5 so i shud be cool
haha 50 watts tube = roughly 150 watts wolid state- more than enough lol
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
^150 is stretching it. And you forget there are many types of tube watts (A, B, A/B etc).
someone answer the big question!

Will it be loud !!!? that ill never have to turn it past 7?
Yes it will be loud. You probably ever won't turn it above 2 at home, or 6 at a gig.
yea it will be plenty plenty loud enough. although there is a small differnce in the prices for the 50 watt to 100 watt head, they sound a little bit different as in the 100 watt has much more clean headroom and just a slight difffernce in overall sound. i love my 100 watt head but its up to you to decide which one you like better, but any tube amp over lets say like 30 watts is loud enough for any gig so the 50 will be plenty
Should be well enough. 100 watt tube is going to be really loud. A 50 watt tube should be able to handle a large gig now problem.
THANKS!

i love you all GREAT help.

i will go for the 50 DSL and ill have enough money by end of the month :P
Quote by TehJermie
^150 is stretching it. And you forget there are many types of tube watts (A, B, A/B etc).

is it? ive always been told that Tube is roughly more or less 3 times louder than SS
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Quote by Yngwi3
is it? ive always been told that Tube is roughly more or less 3 times louder than SS

It's actually more like 2, maybe class A tube watts would seem that much louder. Most tube amps aren't class A though.
Quote by TehJermie
It's actually more like 2, maybe class A tube watts would seem that much louder. Most tube amps aren't class A though.

ah right okay then

Still a bit of a jump though lol
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

I think you're misunderstanding the whole point of a valve amp- you're getting a valve amp SO you can turn it up to 10, not so that you don't have to.

In all probability (unless it's total crap), it'll sound better on 10 than on 2.

What you have to decide is, how loud you can put it at in 95% of your gigs, and whether you happen to like the tone of the 100 watter more (which may be slightly different, but as already said, will need to be louder to get that cranked sound).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?