you don't really need a half stack for giging, a tube combo would not only do, but it would sound better than that SS half stack
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Nope.

Get a decent valve combo, it's more appropriate, and will sound about 999999x better, trust me.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
Crates have a stunning reputation for sounding like tree bark. You'd be stupid not to get one.

wtf is that supposed to mean, i own one, have heard many and as long as you don't get the cheep ones [like the Marshall MG's] they are great amps for your money
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
^ touchy.

Crate = crap, unless it's a "Voodoo" or something similar. In which case you could buy a Randall, Orange, or Peavey instead, and still save money & still get a better tone. Don't get me wrong, the clean channel is alright. It's the gritty distortion that kills me. Hence me using the phrase , "Tree bark".
the clean channel is the only thing that is good on it, your gonna need a good distortion pedal if you want to play anything heavier with it.
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Plus with EMG 81/85(18v mod)
PRS Tremonti SE
Randall V2
Genz Benz G-Flex 212
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
^ touchy.

Crate = crap, unless it's a "Voodoo" or something similar. In which case you could buy a Randall, Orange, or Peavey instead, and still save money & still get a better tone. Don't get me wrong, the clean channel is alright. It's the gritty distortion that kills me. Hence me using the phrase , "Tree bark".

have you played the palomino series, and have you spend time dialing in the Voodoo series to your liking?

you make such a generalization. I guess it's like ketchup, some people like it some don't.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Last edited by FrenchBread at Mar 12, 2007,
The GT series really isn't that bad. That's a nice amp you've chosen, but there are certainly better amps out there for that price.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
try the palamino series, the gt series is just boring after a while. gigging wise, eh it'll do, but not great.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
^ touchy.

Voodoo's aren't as good as the V series. Such as the palomino, they are the sweetest soundest amps and have such a smooth breakup untill a very warm distortion.
Very good for jazz and blues. BoDiddley uses them.
Quote by Schecter1277
Voodoo's aren't as good as the V series. Such as the palomino, they are the sweetest soundest amps and have such a smooth breakup untill a very warm distortion.
Very good for jazz and blues. BoDiddley uses them.

Agreed, but i dont think thats the type of music he likes

See his current post https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=544002
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Last edited by FrenchBread at Mar 12, 2007,