is that possible from a bolt on to a set thru neck
Quote by YYZ
Yea, that's why most hot girls are dating faggot emo kids from ****ty faggot gay homo emo bands. I hate life.
is a regular set neck like the same thing
Quote by YYZ
Yea, that's why most hot girls are dating faggot emo kids from ****ty faggot gay homo emo bands. I hate life.
"Thru" means that it extends all the way to the arse-end. A regular set neck has a mortise/tenon that extends just a bit into the body (approximately as far as the neck pickup cavity).
^ But the difference between a shitty bolt on neck glued into the cavity and a good set neck is noticible.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
yeah you can convert bolt on to Thur neck, just got to cut your body into three bits and chuck away the centre part then glue the wings to your new neck Thur and re rout your pickups/bridge. all in all a rather pointless and long winded task when you could spend the time cutting the body up making a new set of wings and have something you made.
Official member #3 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join. Luthier's only .
^ And a new neck. And a refinish. And time for the finish to cure.

A set neck would involve pretty much the same thing.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Ah yes the fun of guitars, someones gonna have to try to bolt on to neck thru convertion now, not me though cause im busy.
Official member #3 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join. Luthier's only .