Would a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30W be loud enough for small gigs, and for recording? Or, should I just get the AD50VT 50W for the long run? I currently have a Fender Frontman 25R and it's pretty terrible. I'm looking for a warm tube sound, so I figure that the hybrid would do. I play mainly RHCP, funk, Hendrix, Mayer and other stuff like that. Anything cept for metal. Any help is welcome. Thanks.
How big is the price gap?

If it's a good size amount, then you could buy a Cellestion Vintage 30, and put that in the 30 watt. It would improve your tone, and sound great on recordings.

*Buy a mic though. DON'T go for amp size. It means nothing once you start playing bigger venues.
The 30W would need to be cranked to get above a drummer, which isn't something you would want to do.
Quote by Guitarjunkie18

If it's a good size amount, then you could buy a Cellestion Vintage 30, and put that in the 30 watt. It would improve your tone, and sound great on recordings.

*Buy a mic though. DON'T go for amp size. It means nothing once you start playing bigger venues.

Yeah, my dad was a drummer, and he has PLENTY of GREAT mics for recording and micing an amp.
Quote by Guitarjunkie18

The 30 can't fit a 12". I say buy the 50 for more clean headroom, and you use the attenuator to crank it at whatever volume you need it. They have a 2x12 50 watt model out now if I'm not mistaken.