Hello Everyone.
I'm saving up for a new amp, and ive had my eye on the Vox Valvetronix AC30 for a while. I play classic rock/blues (Zeppelin, AC/DC, Cream, etc.) , and i will be running effects thru the amp. Sometimes i play harder stuff, so i wanted an amp that will be versatile. My distortion is a BOSS DS-1 or the New Fender Bassman (FBM-1) pedal. i use flange, acoustic simulator, and a crybaby as well. My guitar teacher prefers solid state amps, and i was wondering if anyone knows of an amp that is "better" for what i play. (Keep it around $300)
if you're willing to buy used, maybe a fender blues junior. or if you can get up to $400, you could get it new- i'd say it'd do blues and up to classic rock fine. All tube, by the way- but that's generally what you want for classic rock and blues.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by burnthestringz
Hello Everyone.
I'm saving up for a new amp, and ive had my eye on the Vox Valvetronix AC30 for a while. I play classic rock/blues (Zeppelin, AC/DC, Cream, etc.) , and i will be running effects thru the amp. Sometimes i play harder stuff, so i wanted an amp that will be versatile. My distortion is a BOSS DS-1 or the New Fender Bassman (FBM-1) pedal. i use flange, acoustic simulator, and a crybaby as well. My guitar teacher prefers solid state amps, and i was wondering if anyone knows of an amp that is "better" for what i play. (Keep it around $300)

He prolly preferes SS due to non breaking cleans, so he gets 100% clean! (In which some amps are very good at)

Tho you would be better off getting a tube amp imo, that way you could get a tube screamer for your lead tone and still have a nice cruch od for the Zep songs etc!!