I want to et a decent back up guitar to my SG. I want a trem bar with it, so I looked at a Ibanez GRX20, is that a good choice? I'm looking in that price range (150-200) and I play rock,AC DC, GNR, and such, with a little bit of metal
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
Dollars or Pound Sterling?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
if your going to get an Ibanez the RG series is good for the music you play
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
Avoid cheapo ibanezes with locking trems. s470 in the s series, or rg1570 in the rg series, is the cheapest you want to be looking at. If you can't afford that, consider a hard-tail or going second hand.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Avoid cheapo ibanezes with locking trems. s470 in the s series, or rg1570 in the rg series, is the cheapest you want to be looking at. If you can't afford that, consider a hard-tail or going second hand.

Hes looking at spending $150-$200. Those are WAY out of his league. Its a backup guitar anyway, he has no use for guitars of that elevl. He wants a trem with it also.
Be cool.
^ I'm saying it's a false economy to buy a guitar with a trem at that price, you're asking for trouble. Believe me, I did it so you don't have to, etc., etc. Just stick to a hardtail, rg321 or something, in that case.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have an Ibanez GRX20 and it is an excellent guitar for $150. The neck is great, pretty good tone, although you may eventually want to swap out the pickups if you are really picky(at least the neck). Think of it as the "honda civic" of guitars. It is a great value, performs well and won't let you down, but it's nothing incredibly special. But yeah, it is definitely the best you can do for $150, hands down.