Does anyone know of any good songs/solos on an acoustic 12-string?
so far I have:

Mama I'm Coming Home - Ozzy/Wylde
More Than A Feeling - Boston
Hotel California - The Eagles

I especially want good solos, not just a chords/rhythm part in the background of the mix.
Thanks
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
Alberta - Eric Clapton

Has a bit more lead work in than most songs. If you're a good fingerpicker, then you may wanna check out Leo Kottke - he did some fantastic stuff on the 12 string in open tunings. I use my 12 string a lot for Irish folk and the like.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
ziggy stardust
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
suicide note pt. I-pantera
the begining of wish you were here
FREE-FORM METAL
that part of stairway to heaven i think... or was that electric?
If you have something clever to say, don't bother, most people won't get it.

ZOMFG TEH SP33[) I-I4><!!1!

No... Herman Li's just really good...

"Yes I do like marmalade in my eggs! Thank you for asking!"

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

Stairway to Heaven lolz.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Also, trytaking some 6 string songs and converting them to a 12, seriously, you can come up with some pretty sweet stuff.

Like "Lacuna Sunrise" by Black Sabbath or something, that would come out pretty well on a 12.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
Also, trytaking some 6 string songs and converting them to a 12, seriously, you can come up with some pretty sweet stuff.

Like "Lacuna Sunrise" by Black Sabbath or something, that would come out pretty well on a 12.

Well aren't you fancy fallenangel.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Quote by walkinbazooka
Well aren't you fancy fallenangel.

, it was the only thing that came to mind. I don't A LOT of 12 string songs, and if I wanted to make a 12 string cover, I would have taken a 6 string song and converted it.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Played Diablo? I imagine Tristram Town would sound pretty good.

+1, first song I learned on my 12 string
Dickless.
Quote by fallenangel20
, it was the only thing that came to mind. I don't A LOT of 12 string songs, and if I wanted to make a 12 string cover, I would have taken a 6 string song and converted it.

I'm just teasing you.
Quote by shattamakar

stairway.
John Entwistle is my God. RIP.

listening to you, I get the music, gazing at you, I feel the heat, following you, I climb the mountain, I get excitement at your feet.
<3 tommy.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
+1, first song I learned on my 12 string

It's one of my goals! I don't have a 12 string yet but that'd definitely be my starting point
Quote by sadistic_monkey
Ocean - John Butler. It's in Open C with a capo on 4, and it's beautiful

This song ftw. Doesn't he remove the 2nd G string? (OH LOLZ)
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Melancholy - Iced earth

Forum Archives / About / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2006