All right, so 2 of the 3 screw/bolt/whatever things on the locking nut of my guitar are fucked up. I lost one of the allen keys needed to open them, so I bought a pack today. But when I tried what seemed to me the correct size, it didn't work on 2 of the screws. I'm positive that the size (7/64") was right, because it worked the other screw. Now I'm pretty sure that most of the screws around my guitar are crappy quality, since most of them have somehow broken, the place where you insert the screwdriver or allen key has like, become too big for the tool.
For example, I try to unscrew the screws around the pickup rings, or at the back of my guitar, the indent things in the screws are pushed against the sides and really just turn into one big hole. How the hell do I fix this problem and open the nut without allen keys?
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
lmao, i hate to be immature but think of all the sexual innuendos
Hahaha he stripped his nuts... maybe You ought to look into a new one, or two.
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
I love when kids post threads with titles that can be turned into sex jokes... ahh the fun.

Nut problems...
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Quote by mr_hankey
Did you wear out the nut screws?

Most likely, they must be pretty crappy, since two of them are too big suddenly for the allen key and some of the screws around my guitar have been worn out after just one twist.

And to the other guys, you aren't really helping at all.
And here I thought that this place was way more mature that The Pit. I'm soo disappointed with you people.
I must say the title is a bit misleading :P

Go to ebay and you can buy a set for feck all! You can use a wrench to take the old ones off (Hence the grips at the side) and then just get the new ones (Make sure they fit tho!)
All nut joke posts have been warned.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
they have stripped screw bits at hardware stores.

u might need to shop around. while ur at it, order new locking nut screws on line.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by which ones pink
I lol'd.

And got warned.

ALL SPAM POSTS AFTER THIS ONE GET AN INSTANT BAN, NO WARNINGS, JUST BAN.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
you stripped the screws. try some needle nose pliers and twist it.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
one of the things you can do is cut a slot in the top of the screw head, and then use a slotted screwdriver to twist it out. i had the same problem recently and thats what i did. i used a dremel to make my notch, which worked pretty well. you just have to go slow and be very careful. then you probably want to get new ones to replace the ones you cut up.
If you go to the website of the company that made them you will be able to buy a few replacements for cheap. If you don't want to shell for it, just deal with an unlocked nut, cuz it's hard to unstrip screws. it's borderline impossible.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.