I was just wondering.His name is plastered all over this fourm.I t got me wondering why that is his nickname.

So what's the story?
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
He got it while he was on a ski trip with Hillel Slovak and some other guy (I forget his name, he was just some random dude). As to how he got it, I don't know. Nobody does, actually.
The.
all i know is that he got in on a ski-trip with anthony and keith barry
why they named him flea - no idea

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
he got it on a ski trip as the others said with Anthony, Hillel and Barry. They decided not to use their real names on the trip so Anthony was swan and barry became tree. They called Flea "Flea" because he was Mick-B the Flea, he was always jumping around and full of energy and it rhymes!!!

Its in their biography if you wanna read more.

Peace
he was dry humping everyone and got his crabs on them and it itched. instead of calling him "crabs," they called him "flea" because fleas are more known to be itchy than the one of two crabs.
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
Quote by Raijin.xiii
he was dry humping everyone and got his crabs on them and it itched. instead of calling him "crabs," they called him "flea" because fleas are more known to be itchy than the one of two crabs.

oh thats how it happened

thanks for clearing that up
Quote by _felixtheorem
he got it on a ski trip as the others said with Anthony, Hillel and Barry. They decided not to use their real names on the trip so Anthony was swan and barry became tree. They called Flea "Flea" because he was Mick-B the Flea, he was always jumping around and full of energy and it rhymes!!!

Its in their biography if you wanna read more.

Peace

Yup, though I recommend Anthony's autobiography more, an extremely well written book and fantastic insight on the frontman of RHCP. Also it actually talks about the year of nothing as Flea calls it (1997).
Yeah, the names were Antoinne(sp?) the Swan (because, apparently, his dick's shaped like a swan's neck) and Mikey B the Flea (because, as already mentioned, he was always leaping around like a crazy fool), I believe. Hillel had a couple of nicknames; Slim and Mr. Huckleberry (maybe more, not really sure). God knows why though!
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
thats another reason that his name is flea...hes short
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by watchingmefall
I don't care if anthony's nickname was based on the shape of his dick, it's incredibly gay nickname. come on, the swan?

i heard there were on a ski trip and anthony said ill be tree u be flea and u can be bee and flea liked it so it became his permanent name
Quote by funkbass369
thats another reason that his name is flea...hes short

flea's actually taller than john.
Quote by SocKo?
flea's actually taller than john.

yeah but flea was flea before john was in the band
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
anyway
it hasn't been on that ski trip that anthony got his "nickname" the swan
that ski trip was when they were around 16/17

and the swan first appeared in the song "get up and jump" (about 4 years later)
and its not a reference to his dick...it just rhymes, that's how anthony explains it
just to make that clear

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Quote by watchingmefall
I don't care if anthony's nickname was based on the shape of his dick, it's incredibly gay nickname. come on, the swan?

The gayest thing you can do is to be nicknamed after your dick. Or, is it called a dickname?

Anyway, how the hell do they know? How long did they stare at his dick to realize "hey, that looks like a... um.... swan!"
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
you should read scar tissue
its explained in there

and, btw, in my post just above the one you just made

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame