Alright, so my playing progression has kind of slowed down. I've been playing guitar for a couple months now, and I think I've learned most of the basics. I've got a couple songs down, and basic techniques etc. I can sight read tab decently. But now I don't know where to go. I want to learn more. I am going to start learning scales slowly. Right now I am trying to learn one standard box formation for each scale learn then build up memorize more boxes. Any suggestions on what else I should learn to progress my playing? Please, no sweep picking etc. I'm not read for that stuff just yet. Should I just continue learning scales, a few songs, etc.
Be cool.
Yeah, continue practising scales and learning challenging songs (you won't get anywhere playing songs at the same sorta level for ever). Also, do a quick search of the articles on here, check out any warm-up/practises that look useful to you.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
Yeah, continue practising scales and learning challenging songs (you won't get anywhere playing songs at the same sorta level for ever). Also, do a quick search of the articles on here, check out any warm-up/practises that look useful to you.

thanks.
Be cool.
I've found that when I'm stuck on something, I start practicing songs that are a bit above my current skill level. Then I get frustrated by my mistakes and go back to the ones I played before, which will by now have become easier. With the confidence boost I get from this, I decide to practice the harder songs some more and then when I get stuck on those, I take another step up in difficulty. Then when those are starting to bug me, I'll take a step back, and the hard-ish ones from before will now also have become easier...

This approach has enabled me to get my tightness and fluency down pretty well with some songs I've previously played kinda sloppily because they were sorta within my skill level, but just barely. You expand yourself by overshooting your goals every now and then.

...or at least- that's how I expand.