hey guys, i'm a noob to this forum kinda, but not this site, so this may be in the wrong forum area. I was wondering any suggestions for what guitar i should buy, or check out. I've been playing a few years, and was looking for a third guitar, but i faced to many choices. Hopefully u can narrow down my choices. I am looking for a guitar that plays really fast, with good sustain, humbucking pickups, and under $300. I found nearly a hundred guitars under 300, but i was wondering if you all know any that play fast with good sustain. Well, thx ahead of time
might get alot more respons in the electric forum section, anyways, what guitars do you have already? What types of music do you play? a guitar that plays fast and has sustain doesnt really narrow it down for us.
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
I have a squier (it's rusted to nothing) and a strat copy. I play progressive metal and thrash metal.
-------Gary Coy Smith---------

Epiphone G-400 1966 RI
Dean ML XM
EHX Big Muff
Epiphone Valve Jr
Guitar Rig 4
well, you seem to be a strat guy, i love my Mexican Fat Strat, Very versitle guitar and even though they list 350+ you can go to Guitar center and haggle it down to 300, thats what i did, but if you wanna get away from the strats, i play my friends Ibanez RG which is very smooth, and sounds great. hopefully someone can suggest more! GL
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
thanks
-------Gary Coy Smith---------

Epiphone G-400 1966 RI
Dean ML XM
EHX Big Muff
Epiphone Valve Jr
Guitar Rig 4
You could go for one of the cheap B. C. Rich guitars. They're cheap but they seem to fit what type of music you play, though I'm not familiar with them very much at all.
please do not get a low end BC Rich, my first guitar was a Bronze Warlock, has horrible sustain, the pickups are cheap, the paint chips incredibly easy, dont get it.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
I'd say go for an Ibanez, they are good guitars for metal and a few other genres. They also have the benefit of bieng a good bang for your buck.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Moved to EG.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
I know for a fact some of the cheaper Ibanez are a good quality.
Natural Blonde w/ Black pickguard Squier Affinity Telecaster
Epiphone Slingshot 25R Amplifier
Dunlop Tortex .5mm Picks - Red
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Danelectro Fab Chrous Pedal
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah Pedal
narrow your search down to guitars without tremolo and with set necks because they have the best sustain and for the fastest necks id say get wizard II
Last edited by unobtainium at Mar 12, 2007,
For a third guitar i'd save a bit longer and get somthing better.
for me:
1st guitar: squier Strat (like £130 or somethin)
2nd guitar: Ibanez SA160 (about £250)
3rd guitar: ESP LTD Viper 301 £599
mabye extend the budget up a little? For a 3rd guitar i would consider getting a little more expensive guitar. If you could get a hold of 600 bucks you could get a ESP LTD 400 series, and there very amazing guitars for your style of music.
I can't believe that no one has said an Epiphone Les Paul yet... They vary in prices, and are VERY good guitars. My 3rd guitar was an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus (flame maple top) and it was $450. They make cheaper models too, but just look around at Epiphones for a while .
~Washburn Acoustic
~Stratocaster
~Epiphone Les Paul Standard W/Flamemaple top
~Peavy Amp (soon to be Marshall )
~Boss ME-50
try looking for:

Yamaha ( they are good guitars... for me..)
Squiers ( Good.. they also have these strat packs.....)
Ibanez ( For a small budget its damn good )
LTD ( i dont know.. never actually tried and ESP/LTD before... we aint got them here but they said they are good)

try to save more.. there are sooooo many great guitars to choose from but of course they cost more.... but you'll get what u paid for... try to increase your budget a little bit..... good luck....
My gear:

Ibanez RGR320EX
BOSS DS1 MODDED
BEHRINGER DD100
CHORUS
EQ

LINE 6 SPIDER III 75 WATTS
Last edited by pings15 at Mar 13, 2007,
Quote by pacoasterrider
mabye extend the budget up a little? For a 3rd guitar i would consider getting a little more expensive guitar. If you could get a hold of 600 bucks you could get a ESP LTD 400 series, and there very amazing guitars for your style of music.

+1
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Get an ARC100BS. those are kick ass
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.