So i thought i would take a look at the contest section of ug and i see a contest for the movie 300 and im thinking cool. i enter all the information and it tells me that i can't enter because i'm not a resedent of the US. What reason is there to limit a contest to only one country. its not like i live far from the US, Canada's not that far away i could understand to keeping it to North America because it would be harder with all of Euope and places like that but not including Canada and possably Mexico if they wanted. i don't make sence!!!!
Raise Your Hand If you Like:

3 inches of blood
Amon Amarth
Coheed and Cambria
Death Cab For Cutie
Every Time I Die
I Killed the Prom Queen
In Flames
Pride Tiger

My cousins band from Vancouver-NWOBCHM- myspace.com/scarstruckmetalband
Its not UG's fault.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
I'm annoyed at UG because i made a thread the other night and it got deleted for no reason!

'Things that irritate you while posting on UG' was it...and quite alot of people were posting on it - then BAM its gone. I searched for it and its not even there.

More on topic - Why have canadians got such a chip on their shoulers on UG? They HATE not being included and things and can't seem to take any jokes directed their way!
Yeah, you're right, it doesn't make sence [sic].

It's unlikely that you'd win anyway, so don't worry about it. Also, I'm pretty sure I've entered a competition before and I'm from England.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by y2james2007 :p
I'm annoyed at UG because i made a thread the other night and it got deleted for no reason!

'Things that irritate you while posting on UG' was it...and quite alot of people were posting on it - then BAM its gone. I searched for it and its not even there.

More on topic - Why have canadians got such a chip on their shoulers on UG? They HATE not being included and things and can't seem to take any jokes directed their way!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541083
BIIGFTJ?
(Jack) why teh fuck do people still have rottweilers/pit bulls?
(Lucy) why the fuck not?
(Jack) because they have a strange tendency to EAT YOUR CHILDREN
I've entered from the UK, but either way;

It's not UG's fault, nor problem.

And no, residents of Canada and Mexico shouldn't be able to enter contests for US residents. And no, they shouldn't take higher priority over people from the UK or other countries either.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

the people who run the contest are from america and dont want any canadians to win.....racist bastards
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
-Seems alittle odd to have a contest which is only limited in US on a multinational site. Don't be mad at UG... Anyhow I doubt you would have won, no one wins, ever.
I entered just out of spite of your situation...

Anyways... has anybody here ever actually WON any of those? Those contests aren't just through UG, typically, are they? Meaning people enter them from a billion different sites? I'm curious to see if anybody in the pit actually won one of those contests