Can anyone help? It is getting very frustrating doing trills and tapping on the high e string.
are you saying the string comes completley off?
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
This used 2 happen to me 2 and it was quite annoying. Well actually it still does but thats cause im noob. Wait a sec. On pull offs?
u mean ... huh that makes no sense. If u pull off u have ur other finger on the string which holds it in place... the only time it slipped off was when i was bending... and i bent it off the fretboard.
But yea the only itme u could do that while pulling off would be pulling off an open note...otherwise it's like imposssibe, try to describe betta
I mean like the string slips off the fretboard and makes a high pitched screech instead of a pull off.
Quote by thrashed
I mean like the string slips off the fretboard and makes a high pitched screech instead of a pull off.

So let's say you are playing this on the high e: 7p5. You mean that when you are pulling off to the 5 that the E string slips as you release the 7? Maybe you are pulling off to hard or your finger that is fingering the 5 isn't holding the note down to the fretboard enough.
Don't put so much force in your pulls, you shouldn't have to move your stationary finger that much to make the string slip off the fretboard. Also make sure your fingers aren't slipping.