Page 1 of 2
I have been looking at guitars for awhile now and i noticed that schecter is generally alot cheaper than other metal genre companys(jackson, esp, ibanez). A hellraiser has everything, seems to be a completely professional guitar for 650$ where as an esp or jackson guitar with the same features would be hundreds more. Is there something im missing here? Wouldnt everyone be all over these guitars?
They're pretty new, they need to earn a reputation first before they can sell off guitars just because they say "Schecter" on them - which is what sells a lot of the main brand guitars. Why buy an unknown brand of guitar when you can get the same specs on an ESP?!
(i'm not saying Schecter are unknown or anything but I'm just giving him an example)
schecters also tend to have fat necks, I love the guitars but the fat necks bother me. Plus they're super-expensive in Canada because of border issues. Man i wish i had a c-1 hellraiser fr
i got a c-1+ and i dont think theres a better playing guitar out there, the action is perfect.
The Schecters aren't super expensive yet because their name isn't as well known as the other guys. There aren't any SUPER big bands that use Schecters as main guitars (Actually the only band I really can think of is Avenged Sevenfold)
Quote by Kensai
When I wear it I have to fight off women with a stick. Ifyouknowwhatimean.

Quote by daytripper75
Today, 2:51pm EST: Prodigy179 has officially hit puberty.

They're eating her! And then they're going to eat me!
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
Stop complaining! There just a company like maverick guitars in the UK, just content with making some money (not exploitive profits) and good guitars for people. Rather then selling 3 or so designs for 50 years, and charging people small fortunes to own a Fender/Gibson badge on the headstock.

Also, there made in korea, but honestly do not hold that aganst them at all. Alot of the korean luithers/factory line workers could put there fender (mexican ranges) Gibson (awesome guitars, shit set ups) etc to shame!
I want you vincent745!

member #5 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
I'm hoping they don't let their fame get to their heads. Why complain about the price? They're great guitars, but I'd hate to have to drop down another $1000-$2000 grand just because their name's on the headstock like other manufacturers I won't mention.

Also, last I remember reading, they're not fairly new at all. Started by manufacturing guitar parts for other brands before making their own, I thought.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael
...I'd hate to have to drop down another $1000-$2000 grand just because their name's on the headstock like other manufacturers I won't mention.

I doubt a Schecter will ever cost you one or two million dollaz. Which other guitars cost that much?
Quote by Necronomicon
cheap? hellraisers are list 950-1150

They retail for $600-800.

I think because they are made in Korea and are mass produced they can keep the price down some.
actually a handfull of big bands use schecters.
http://www.schecterguitars.com/index.asp

i see quite a few wellknown bands on there:
The Cure, Papa Roach, Seether, Smile Empty Soul, A7X, Nevermore, Bloodhound Gang(lmao), Three Days Grace, Dead Kennedys, and the Misfits.
#64 in the Alter Bridge rocks club!

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Pikka Bird
I doubt a Schecter will ever cost you one or two million dollaz. Which other guitars cost that much?

The first Les Paul prototype?
One of Clapton's guitars?
I closely inspected a C1 classic and noticed something interesting. The flame maple top is paper thin. This could be a reason they are so cheap... still not a reason not to buy one though.
there cheap because they know more people will buy them at lower prices and owning one that i bought for 350, it plays nicer then my sg ,the neck isnt really fat its comfortable and has a satin finish so its fast
shecters are amazing guitars for there price and i would buy one over an esp or jackson anyday
they also usually come with much better parts,like u can get a shecter for 500 with emg 81/85 and if u were to buy an esp for that much or ibanez they would be like duncan designed or emg designed but not the real things

shecters are amazing more people need to try them

ooo and for the post above me
the reason they make them thin is so that it doesnt effect ur tone that much it had a thicker maple top it would alter the sound alittle
like if the body was mahgonay the thick maple top would kinda dull the deeps out alittle
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
One reason also might be the fact that ESP owns them and that they can afford selling other guitars at cheaper prices.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Since I own a Schecter I feel like I should weigh in . . .

I'm always trying to get my friends and people to whom I give advice to check out Schecter. They always say, "Ohhh . . . I don't know . . . I think I'll just go with the Squire Strat instead . . ." and I want to beat them senseless. People just want to go for brands they know, which Schecter isn't one of yet.
They are cheap because it's simple economics. I can't understand it myself, but god I love it!
Quote by Kanthras
Since there is no such thing as perfect tone, and every rig has differences (however slight they may be), I hereby declare this claim as bullshit.
They are made in Korea.

Also They are just thrown together on an assembly line with no attention to detail. I'd go for ESP instead.
Quote by Motoxracer433
The Schecters aren't super expensive yet because their name isn't as well known as the other guys. There aren't any SUPER big bands that use Schecters as main guitars (Actually the only band I really can think of is Avenged Sevenfold)

Other bands:

Nevermore
Seether
Three Days Grace
Papa Roach
The Used

And about 15 others that ive all heard of. Just the above are the ones i like
shecters are far from new kids theyve been around since the 70s, infact pete townsend played schecter ala the PT model, also they made the prince guitar, i no prince but still a big attraction in the 80s, in the early 90s i believe they were bought out by the same parent group that owns ESP, so essentially they share alot of building techniques and area with ESP, also in the 90s schecter diddnt do neckthroughs wich also kept the price down its alot easier to set a neck than set it through, plus they had alot of bolt ons like esp and they use duncan design or emg designed p/us on alot of guitars, hellraisers and blackjacks are the only 2 that come with real Duncans or EMGs
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by Necronomicon
schecters also tend to have fat necks, I love the guitars but the fat necks bother me. Plus they're super-expensive in Canada because of border issues. Man i wish i had a c-1 hellraiser fr

ya reckon?

the neck on my mates is pretty thin, tried playing it and couldnt at all cause i play les pauls and it felt weird

also the frets seemed too small
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
Quote by Motoxracer433

Eddie Vedder, the singer (and 3rd guitarist) in Pearl Jam, used a Schecter SG-"copy". Now he uses a telecaster tough.
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by Necronomicon
i'm pretty sure i said list

only a moron bases their aurgument on the actuall list price....retail's always cheaper than list

p.s...the mighty jack owen plays a schecter when he was with CC
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at Mar 12, 2007,
I have both a Schecter and a LTD, i like them both, but i do have to say i do prefer my hellraiser FR, then my F-2005. It gives a fatter, warmer tone. Schecter is a great company. ESP/LTD is also great, but you will be paying slighly more.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
It's not "why so cheap" man, it's why not. Why do we pay so much for other guitars etc. It's one of those industries where you bad to mediocre is a small price range, then to get really good it's a crazy price jump. Schecters are really well made guitars, anyone who says they don't like them is fine, anyone who says they're shit has a bias or bad judgement. I've played alot of esps and you need to spend alot more on an esp to get comparable quality to a schecter. Ditto for Jackson.
Quote by ReD.SkY
Other bands:

Nevermore
Seether
Three Days Grace
Papa Roach
The Used

And about 15 others that ive all heard of. Just the above are the ones i like

Three Days Grace don use them much and only the lead singer does if ever the singer uses PRS' and Stock use Ibanez S models

Still they are great guitars though C-1s are acutally pretty versitial
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
I went to GC and played a Schecter C1 Semi-Hollow not only being sexy looking but also great sounding. For some reason I thought they were more metal guitars but the Semi-hollow was not at all. Im atually going to go buy it tomarrow.
Ok, I'm suprised no one has said this...
I think the main reason they are so cheap and awesome at the same time...

They are made in Korea (cheap), but they are set up and assembled, don't quote me on assembled, in America. And really there isn't a catch. I've played a few (thinking about buying a C-1 Classic), and they really are amazing, and not just for metal. Really high quality stuff. Not like you're just overpaying for a brand name like certain other companies... *cough* *cough* GIBSON!!!
Quote by Pikka Bird

Thousand dollars. And some Gibsons and Most made in USA Fenders.
Page 1 of 2