Poll: Do you wear glasses, contacts or are you 20 / 20?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you wear glasses, contacts or are you 20 / 20?
I wear Glasses
53 41%
I wear Contact Lenses
26 20%
I wear both
30 23%
I have had corrective surgery
2 2%
I dont need glasses, im too cool
28 22%
Voters: 129.
Page 1 of 2
Hello Ultimate Guita, I was just wondering how many of you wear glasses or optical aids, because I bet alot of you do but your embarassed to admit you do as you will branded as a "Geek", or an emo if you wear those thick black framed ones.

I had perfect vision until I was about 9, and i had to wear glasses. I have a lazy right eye, and its embarassing as hell when its having a lazy day. I swear, if I take my glasses off and try not to think about focusing in on somthing, my vision becomes somewhat normal, and I can do most things without my glasses, but as soon as im aware im not wearing my glasses, its almost as if my brains telling me I need them, and I loose clarity, and pretty much all the diginity in my right eye > I can never look people in the eyes especially without glasses in fear my eye goes crazy and it freaks some people out, ive had people say "ew ew ew ewwww!" at me, which isnt nice, but I dont blame them.

I tried contact lenses for the first time last month, and the were great, a little uncomfrtable to start off with, but I dont know why I havent had them before.

My biggest complaint about glasses is that when you walk in from the cold into somwhere warm, they steam up like mad, and it takes ages for them to get to room tempreture

Anyway, ive put a poll up, but lets see (haha)
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
I wear glasses, but they're rimless and cool
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
When you've wore glasses all your life and then you switch to contacts, you feel like a new man.

I wear contacts.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by poopsmith666
I wear glasses, but they're rimless and cool

how do you like those rimless glasses im gettin new ones tomorrow and was thinkin bout gettin them
Quote by dogfet04@yahoo.
how do you like those rimless glasses im gettin new ones tomorrow and was thinkin bout gettin them

they were kinda weird at first, because i'd had glasses since 5th grade, never worn them because the were like coke bottles, and gay, but these are great. I wear them all the time now, and they really feel like i'm not even wearing them now, because I can hardly even notice them on my face.

in short, theyre awesome, and I've been told I look way hotter with them on
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
I've worn glasses since the third grade and I got contacts in the ninth grade. I still wear my glasses on occasion, like in the morning or at night when I'm not wearing my contacts. I'm blind as a flipping bat.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
i wear glasses. unfortunately my dog got hold of them one day and chewed the ends of the arms so they've got duct tape on the ends now. ah well, least it's better than tape across the bridge.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
I've been wearing glasses since 4th grade. Without glasses, everything I see is pretty much blurred. I can't see faces, words or pictures from even a foot away
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
i dont need glasses, the dude said i have more than perfect vision
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
Well the thing is, the older you get, the thinner the tissue on your eye lens becomes, usually, this causes long sightedn vision, however if you were younger and required coke bottle bottom glasses, you were short sighted, as you get older this will improve as the tissue detertiates and causes normal vision. Some people are effected differntly.

Its suprising the ammount of people who require glasses, but wont go to an optition because they are scared, or they dont want to look silly with glasses.
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by Keef-is-king
I wear glasses,

I am not cool.

I don't care.

I am the glasses laden one in the middle.

the kid on the left looks awed and confused
i wear glasses and am legally blind without them.
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
Quote by Keef-is-king
I wear glasses,

I am not cool.

I don't care.

heh, you look a bit like me

Its suprising when I got contacts, the ammount of girls "checkin' me out" was unreal, where as before I was just passed on as another nerd, oh well, thats stereotyping for you.
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
I wear glasses, and throw on the contacts when I'm playing sports or "going out"
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
I have been wearing glasses for sixteen years.I can't function without them and I never tried contacts.I don't know if I could keep my eye open to touch them.

I don't know why people get embaressed about their glasses unless of course they are really dumb looking.I don't think it makes people less attractive.Sometimes it does the opposite.

This guy for example:

arn't I sexy.

I'm such a tool.....
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
I don't wear either, but i fear my day is coming. my left eye is better than my right. i can read like the whole thing with my left. just memorize "felopzd" and you will pass .

EDIT: I was talking about the chart that they make you read of course
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Wow, thats alot of people wearing glasses, bump like
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by Keef-is-king
I wear glasses,

I am not cool.

I don't care.

at the bassist's expression.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I'm ment too wear glasses but i don't
HEY LOOK FREE BEER DUDES

NUMBAH 1 MEMBER OF BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD OWN CLUB Pm me to join

Member of the "I Hope MCR Are In a Plane Crash and There Are No Survivors" Club
PM sunnysayshi To Join

UG Profile
Quote by Keef-is-king
I wear glasses,

I am not cool.

I don't care.

The guy on the left!
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Quote by gibson freak
i hate my glasses as soon as i hit 18 im gettin lazer surgery

I was the same. I spoke to my optition about it, and he said laser surgery is purley cosmetic, and really only works on short sighted people. Apart from that, mesure twice, cut once!

You could really get your eyes ****ed up if they get it wrong, which they DO sometimes.

Look into getting contact lenses, theyre good.
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by Nelsean
When you've wore glasses all your life and then you switch to contacts, you feel like a new man.

I wear contacts.

FTW I remember getting my contacts and was like '' I'm not blind!!''

It was too cool to share the entire conversation .
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by Nelsean

I wear contacts.

I couldnt agree more and now I get the 'I think you're cute ,can you ask me out?' line more than ever
I wear both. Have made a habit of not wearing my glasses tho coz I hate them so much! Ive worn them since I was 3
Fall on your tounge, like pixie dust, just think happy thoughts.
MySpace
Fly like a dragon, ride like a Rider....
I wear glasses. My sister also used to wear glasses but she thought that they don't suit her so she got contacts. I like my glasses, I look kinda cool.. kinda hacker-ish. But I don't need the glasses outside school.
Quote by nick dixon
I was the same. I spoke to my optition about it, and he said laser surgery is purley cosmetic, and really only works on short sighted people. Apart from that, mesure twice, cut once!

You could really get your eyes ****ed up if they get it wrong, which they DO sometimes.

My thoughts exactly. I mean, yes, it'd be a heck of a lot easier not to deal with glasses or contacts by having surgery, but what if they botched it? Then you might have to deal with even worse vision for the rest of your life.

I'm always afraid that if I were to ever have laser surgery, there'd be like a power surge or something and it would fry my eye. And that would suck.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
I wear contacts during the day, and glasses at night when I'm at home in front of the computer.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
I'm too cool to WEAR glasses...

It doesn't mean I don't NEED them .

Not, but seriously. I'll need contacts or glasses now because I'm about to start learning to drive.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

I tried contacts for the first time last year, and i've not looked back since (no pun intended). I saw an advert for some contacts on tv, when they put them in they looks all amazed. It really is like that though, I'll have laser eye correction when i'm old enough but i'm still not sure about the long term effects.
wow, theres alot of "too cool" people now. Starting to drive are we JamieB? what car are you getting?
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
I wear glasses currently. I've tried contacts, but I can't get them in my eye...

Hopefully getting laser correction when I'm older (maybe it'll be on the NHS by then )
Page 1 of 2