someone just handed you a blank piece of paper and said "who is the person who has most influenced music throughout their lifetime in your opinion and why"

hypothetical paper
member #3 of the "WELOVEREGGAE" club

Quote by RIM99
Just tell her you're going over to her house to play tiddlywinks and mack that shit.

SPARTAN 296 OF UG'S 300

Jackson Dinky: $67/$499

Master Chief of the UG Society of Ninjas
Beatles. I always come back to them. They've pretty much been the only constant in my musical evolution.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Matt B from muse, and im not sure why, MUSE, as much as i love them, they are not my fav band, and his playing isnt shown to its full potential in there songs, but i just worship him!

Guitar, Piano, Lyrically, vocally, conspiracy theories, his hair...just an all round awesome guy who i respect fantastically.

I also feel the same way about tom morello ! Except for the paino and hair
I want you vincent745!

member #5 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
Honestly... me. I'm the one who chooses what I listen to, I'm the one who learns or doesn't learn from my teachers and the musicians I study. So the greatest influence on myself is me.
Now guitarists that influence my composing: Matt Bellamy, David Gilmore and Jimmy Page
Guitarists that influence my playing: Gary Moore and Jimi Hendrix.
Last edited by MiG_853 at Mar 11, 2007,
Quote by Robert_Terry
Matt B from muse, and im not sure why, MUSE, as much as i love them, they are not my fav band, and his playing isnt shown to its full potential in there songs, but i just worship him!

Guitar, Piano, Lyrically, vocally, conspiracy theories, his hair...just an all round awesome guy who i respect fantastically.

I also feel the same way about tom morello ! Except for the paino and hair

His hair?

And Morello hasn't done anything innovative with his voice or lyrics. Matt isn't innovative with his voice either. But I do love both of them.
I have to say Linkin Park, back when I was 14 they were the best ever and they got me into nu metal/heavy metal.

I suppose I will always like em in a way , but I don't really listen to them much anymore
I like steak!
Kirk Hammet and James Hetfield
Kerry King and Jeff Haneman
they influenced the millions of identical "RARRRGGG" screamo bands
Robert Johnson. If there wasn't Robert Johnson music wouldn't be the way it is now. He influenced everyone without everyone knowing it. He might not have a large discography and experimentation, but without Robert Johnson nobody would be playing what they do today.
I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger......a man on the move and just sick enough to be totally confident.

Quote by Hexagram
Oh and Zeke, i find you to be over-rated
I have to admit, it was Linkin Park that got me really hooked onto rock (if you can call it that now) music. Though they're really comercial I respect that their first album diserved the success it had.
I don't think Muse has been around long enough or is well-known enough to have been one of the biggest influences on music of all time. At least not yet, but I give it a few years and Muse will be the biggest band in the world.

As for the biggest influence, I say the Beatles. Every single band in the late 60's and 70's that helped pioneer the subgenres of rock owe something to the Beatles.
Quote by deathbat411
Kirk Hammet and James Hetfield
Kerry King and Jeff Haneman
they influenced the millions of identical "RARRRGGG" screamo bands

NO METALLIFUCKING WAY!!!

I don't know...I guess I would have to say the Beatles, sure, everyone is going to say it, but it's true, they inspired millions of artists. And I don't even listen to them.

My favourite band is NIN, so I'm hoping that Trent Reznor will be recognized in due time as a ****ing awesome modern composer.
Quote by Adrock1795
When you take a crap do you clean your ass siting down or standing?
Quote by Garret.
upside down
Quote by x_thurston_x
You're working for the government aren't you?
Quote by SkyValley
I don't have an ass.

Jimi Hendrix, not only because of everything he did for the guitar he's the reason I picked it up. I would watch movies of hendrix with my dad and thought it was the coolest thing in the world. Axis, Bold as Love is my favorite album of all time. He changed the way we look at guitar players and what you can do with a guitar.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
Ok, just so every one doesn't think I'm a douche, I thought the question was who's influenced your music...
Most influencial of all time? I guess Bach, he practically invented music theory.
kurt cobain, his crazy personality and ability to put on a great show even if he didnt remember the words or play all the right chords
plus he plays left handed and left handed players are uber cool
Mints Give Me A.D.D.
gee..i don't know right now i'm really influenced by Sam Beam but you know not just him..

Edit: and John Frusciante!
Last edited by Love_Buzz at Mar 11, 2007,