So yeah we (my 2 friends and I) found a drummer, but he is 36 years old. He has been playing since he was 6, and is into the same music we are. With that said, were just a 15,16, and myself, a 17 year old. My parents are very biased against him for being some much older than us. Hell your all gonna say "Tell your parents to go **** themselves." But I just thought there would be a bit more subtle approach. Any ideas? Sounds like they will let us practice with him, just doesn't sound like they will be very cool with it.
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
Get really good an letthem know just how good he is, then have him buy your bear, hells yeaaa
Quote by Izdigger
Arrrgh! The agony! Bring me a virgin and a cup of Devil's brew!

Quote by mr kipling
I can sweep with my boner.I have to use light strings, otherwise My penis will look like an emo wrist.
at least u have a drummer we have a drummer but he wants to play bass and if your parents will let you do it, do it lol
i dont know just play and do it
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens~jimi hendrix

My Gear:
ESP kH-202
Crate FXT 120
yamaha 500(keyboard)
1967 fenderbandmaster halfstack
schecter c1 hollow body
Pedals:
original crybaby wah
flutter pedal
boss mt-2
i dont know just play and do it. and let them get to know him if he's a cool guy. theyll probably start to like him or at least get used to him
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens~jimi hendrix

My Gear:
ESP kH-202
Crate FXT 120
yamaha 500(keyboard)
1967 fenderbandmaster halfstack
schecter c1 hollow body
Pedals:
original crybaby wah
flutter pedal
boss mt-2
um Get your parents to meet the guy maybe?
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

My Gear :

-Peavey HP Signature EX
-Fender 100H(Head) + Fender FM412 (Cab)
-GBX Custom Bug
-Dunlop Wah Pedal GCB-95
-Marshall GV-2 Plus
-Boss CS-3
-Behringer Digital Reverb DR100
It's very common in my area for people of all ages to be in bands together. The main reason is there is a lack of musicians.. so most of the time people take what they can get. I had a few friends who were all 16-19 and had a drummer who was 36. They said the main problem was he had issues with his kids and family. This will be the problem you'll run into the most. Keep in mind how hard it must be to manage your music when you have those liabilities. This is why he's auditioning. I agree with the person who said your parents should meet him.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
just try and stick with him
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
My drummer is almost 10 years older than me. It works. He is an awesome drummer and likes the same music. Just have your parents meet him.
Quote by The Bad Larry
Get really good an letthem know just how good he is, then have him buy your bear, hells yeaaa
Why do they want a bear?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Yeah, that's creepy. I'm sure the situation is cool, but there's no reason for a 36 year old man to play with 15 year olds. Find someone your own age.
Well, make sure he's not in it to stick it young arse.

And just be careful. He'll probably introduce you to things you might not like, and your parents might just not let him drum for you. Not to mention him balancing his schedule.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by tagyoureit
Yeah, that's creepy. I'm sure the situation is cool, but there's no reason for a 36 year old man to play with 15 year olds. Find someone your own age.

Yeah well im hitting 18 soon, but the other two are a bit young, and I don't think their parents would be tight with the idea. Just 'TOO AWKWARD' I suppose..... But idk..... I really have been patient for things to take off..... thought this might be a good opprotuniy... and he knows his shit so it doesn't sound like he's just a sicko, he called not knowing we were the age we were.
Quote by Timothy Leary
They've outlawed the number one vegetable on the planet.

Start a fire for a man and keep him warm for a day, start that same man on fire and he will be warm for life.
Quote by tagyoureit

Yeah I'm with this guy... there must be a drummer your own age somewhere. He's twice your age.