A song about pretty much any high school U.S.A.

ahh high school you and your surreal ways
you have everything you need all in one place
there's the jocks
who admire and compare their cocks
then there's the nerds
who're so pathetic i cant even think of any words
Followed my the music kids
Their whole music collection fits on one disk
Ahh then there are the posers
who will worship anything from satan to moses
How could i forget the stoners
If they see an oz of weed they immediately get a boner
there's also the preps
who spend all their time dealing with a superiority complex
you'll find the wiggers down the hall
they've decided they dont need the white culture at all
then youll find the black guy who couldnt find a friend
so he grabs some punk cd's and a skateboard just so he could fit in
Ive spotted some metal heards
all they do is shred
then realize they're average at guitar
they spend the rest of their lives working at a burger king not to far
In the gym youll find the cheerleaders chatting to one another
but deep down inside they all hate each other
Well its been fun class of 09
Please stay away from the ledge
because ive never met so many people that are......average
Last edited by highway62 at Mar 15, 2007,
to man thats pretty good, a little work, a sweet little chorus, got a good single...what kind of music you have in mind to put to that
Quote by Kemp
It was amusing.

bad.

but amusing.

haha well thas sorta a compliment.

and im not sure what music i was gonna use. I just wrote while in detention.
haha, never say "****" in a song.
And so I killed the guy and the police are still lookin for me!
Man it doesn't even rhyme :S
Yeah well detention [what an inspiration]
Who cares...
Quote by XNeo```
Man it doesn't even rhyme :S
Yeah well detention [what an inspiration]

ehh well to me it rhymes maybe your just reading it wrong.
Wow, this was terrible. You made up things that aren't true to make the lines rhyme, that's a sign of a horrible poet. And how could you get a boner for something that has nothing to do with sex?
I didn't even finish because it was so horrible.
Haha, niice joke song. I would never record it, but definately gave me osme laughs. The whole thing is 100% true.
Quote by Ibanezax372
Haha, niice joke song. I would never record it, but definately gave me osme laughs. The whole thing is 100% true.

finally someone gets it. I wold never record this or anything. I dont call this "poetry" Its just a bunch of sentences that rhyme.
Quote by needlesandpins
Wow, this was terrible. You made up things that aren't true to make the lines rhyme, that's a sign of a horrible poet. And how could you get a boner for something that has nothing to do with sex?
I didn't even finish because it was so horrible.

calm down there is nothin wrong with writing something that is funny ,i mean look at tenacious d they write things like that all the , and there freaking awesome, u ppl take things to seriously.
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Quote by TeXaS_db
calm down there is nothin wrong with writing something that is funny ,i mean look at tenacious d they write things like that all the , and there freaking awesome, u ppl take things to seriously.

Yeah but Tenacious D actually IS funny. This is all unoriginal, it's everything you hear about high school all the time.
Quote by highway62
ehh well to me it rhymes maybe your just reading it wrong.

Are we speaking the same language then!?!? Or are you making up words??
Thats funny dude, anyone who thinks this is stupid just has a bad sense of humor and needs to lighten up. Everything is humorous, it just depends on what perspective you think of it in. I found this great, I got a laugh out of it and I think thats all this guy wanted. Just because something isn't shakespeare doesnt mean its crap. This was just funny. And it rhymed for me... And I saw no made up words...
This was interesting, I wish I could find a site that's actually practical for what I'm looking for, serious feedback to my serious songs, which I do consider poetry. I guess there are just way too many people on here goofing off. I tried looking for some songs to critique, but about half of them are about ass sex, and most of the others are just making fun of stuff.
Quote by pgfan92
This was interesting, I wish I could find a site that's actually practical for what I'm looking for, serious feedback to my serious songs, which I do consider poetry. I guess there are just way too many people on here goofing off. I tried looking for some songs to critique, but about half of them are about ass sex, and most of the others are just making fun of stuff.

Yeah cause everyone hates humor. Some of the greatest writers of our time wrote humorus songs. Dylan, cobain, young, lennon
but your song isnt very funny, it plainly just isnt good, half of that is complete bullshit.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
but your song isnt very funny, it plainly just isnt good, half of that is complete bullshit.

You and most of the people before you wrote bullshit in posts. I think it was funny and it did rhyme. My guess why most people didn't get it: they graduated from high school ten years ago or they didn't go to an American high school.
this is funny,how does it not rhyme? people need to lighten up a bit, they don't complain about the endless emo shit on here, my heart bleeds i miss you im a scrawny prick WHY DONT YOU LOVE ME, its all the same. like i said at least this is funny
Decent idea behind it but I don't think the song really flows too well. While reading it the song did not come naturaly to me... Like the first line about preps and the line right below it that ended with complex did not flow I think. If you put some more work into it I think it could be a good song.
A guitar is your personality expressed through 6 strings.
Quote by Greenguy32123
Thats funny dude, anyone who thinks this is stupid just has a bad sense of humor and needs to lighten up. Everything is humorous, it just depends on what perspective you think of it in. I found this great, I got a laugh out of it and I think thats all this guy wanted. Just because something isn't shakespeare doesnt mean its crap. This was just funny. And it rhymed for me... And I saw no made up words...

Because I don't think this is funny, doesn't mean that i have a bad sense of humor. I like to make fun of people or things just laugh about, or do stupid shit and piss people off... that's how i get a laugh. Besides this is pretty unorigonal because there isn't one thing in this song that i haven't heard in a song before.
Quote by needlesandpins
Because I don't think this is funny, doesn't mean that i have a bad sense of humor. I like to make fun of people or things just laugh about, or do stupid shit and piss people off... that's how i get a laugh. Besides this is pretty unorigonal because there isn't one thing in this song that i haven't heard in a song before.

well then i guess out of the millions of songs that have been made each one of them has a brand new topic. I dont mind you not liking it but at least give a valid reason.
It's true that many of the greats wrote humorous songs, but I don't consider those to be their best songs. Sometimes I want to laugh, but music isn't really the first thing I do when I want to laugh, I usually want to get something more than laughter when I listen to music. Unless of course, it's a band or artist that specializes in humor, but even they have some serious music, excluding Weird Al, and by the way, he isn't one of my favorite musicians, just a guy I like to laugh at. I really enjoy Tenacious D, not because they're funny, though they are, but because they're creative, they come up with extremely interesting musical concepts occasionally, though they have their share of ass sex songs as well. But when I scroll through the forums, I see 9/10 songs that I'm not interested in, when I scroll through one of my favorite artists' song lists, I see usually about 1/10 or 2/10 songs I'm not interested in. I hope I've made a point rather than rambled on and on inconclusively.
By the way, I am currently enrolled in an American high school, and this is definitely not accurate to the extremes it suggests.
Basically, you are just using stupid stereotypes that are lame and not proven. I'm pretty sure my school isn't like that, so you are wrong son
i never said it was true. I mean im sure there are a few kids like this in every high school but not everyone is like this. Thats just insane.
I fit into the stoner category and can vouch that I get a pseudo-boner if I see an oz of pot. Only if it's free though, only if it's free. This was funny. Work out the kinks and you could make something of this. As for the nay-sayers, suck my stoner boner baby!!!
The times they are a changin'.....
someone delete this haven for trolls and spam.

as for the song, it's awful. Straight to the core, awful, terrible.

Get better at writing, that is my advice.
www.facebook.com/longlostcomic