hey .. well iv decided to buy a new guitar .. im willing to spend up to 300 british pounds .. which is equal to about 500-600 dollars .. and im looking to buy an ibanez .. which is good for metal and shred .. but is also pretty versatile .. i usualy like to play hxc .. avenged sevenfold, poison the well, dragonforce to name a few bands .. can anyone point me in the right direction?
Do you want a trem?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The main problem with the Ibanez guitars in that price range is that most of them with double locking trems have the Edge III bridge, which is known to wear down after awhile and act crappily.

Try to save up for an RG1570 mayhaps?
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
well perhaps not even an ibanez .. im kind of a noob when it comes to guitar iv just started taking it serious ... im after one up to like £400 pounds .. is the shape of an RG1570 and has a trem that doesnt make the guitar go out of tune .. called double locking or something you guitar experts know what i mean anyhow .. the RG1570 does look pretty awesome .. any other reccomendations?
Sure you could go for an RG, but a standard strat is even more versatile, and there are plenty of shredders (Malmsteen) who use strats. So it's really your call. And, like I always say, go to the guitar shop and try them out (dang that's the third time I've said that today).
I'd say if you're new to guitars then buy a cheaper one instead of spending all that money.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by which ones pink
Sure you could go for an RG, but a standard strat is even more versatile, and there are plenty of shredders (Malmsteen) who use strats. So it's really your call. And, like I always say, go to the guitar shop and try them out (dang that's the third time I've said that today).

I'd say strats don't really have the ideal fretboard radius for shredding.

Malmsteen compensates by having a scalloped fingerboard.

The RG1570 has a very good trem, btw. Pickups are pretty mediocre but the guitar is very shred worthy.
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by FacingUsAll
I'd say strats don't really have the ideal fretboard radius for shredding.

Malmsteen compensates by having a scalloped fingerboard.

There are strats you can get with a 12" radius, and if you can't shred on that you need to practice more anyway. And I'm sorry to mention him, but Zakk Wylde shreds on an LP, and the necks are even worse on those than strats.