Page 1 of 4
Heres a thread to basically talk about your early predictions right now
bracket at: http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/mayhem/brackets/viewable_men

also this can be used to discuss games when the tournament starts, the whole way up to the crowning of a mens college basketball national champion..... if college basketball isn't your idea of entertainment, don't spam up the thread with "college basketball sucks, watch ____" or such please

we could even start an online bracket poll if anyone can find an interactive bracket (winner could put it in their profile, i'll score the brackets)

i guess i'll start off with my picks (oh my let the debating begin):
Midwest Region - Wisconsin
West - Kansas (although i'll be watching the pitt/duke matchup 2nd round if both win)
East - Georgetown
South - Memphis

let the discussion (and surely debating and flaming my picks) begin!

edit:
toughest region - West
weakest region - South (although all the sections are tough, its not actuallly "weak")
upset team (this year's GMason) - Winthrop
most vulnerable 1 seed - florida
most intriguing match up - ND vs. Winthrop in the Midwest
Last edited by americnidiot at Mar 11, 2007,
Don't care much for Basketball but I'm going for UNLV.

Go Runnin' Rebels!
* casualty01 slinks away, sad, with a paddle in one hand and a strap on in the other.
Quote by acousticpyro23
Don't care much for Basketball but I'm going for UNLV.

Go Runnin' Rebels!

they had a decent run this season, altough i don't like their chances over gerogia tech
Don't care for the NCAA tournament this year since Syracuse didn't get in. They went 10-6 in the BIG EAST CONFERENCE and still somehow didn't make it? they were ranked 5th in the freakin big east and two big east teams ranked lower than them got in.
And they definitely should've made it.

Haha... Arkansas, Texas Tech... that's a joke. They make it over SU.
SU SHOULD BE IN
****in cal poly got eliminated last night by long beach state, i'm so pissed, we've never been in the tournament so it was a big game
NC State lost their place in the NCAA by 3 posessions. Shoot
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
im pissed that illinois was ranked 12 in the west! yes, i understand that we really sucked this year, but with the same record as purdue(9) and then we went farther than them in the big ten tourney! we still get a 12? Decripit Digger Pheleps thought that the illini shouldnt even be in the tournament!

best game in the first round-East bracket, (8)Marquette VS. (9) Mich. St. Go Golden Eagles!

only good thing about being 12 is that we have a potential 2nd round game with So. illinois. that be awsome!

Screw duke and UNC
Quote by Dr. Patrick Hardy, president of Nu Pi Sigma chapter and principal at Ellis Arts Academy
“The purpose is to show that African-American men can do more than shoot people, rap and play basketball”

Start Your Day The John Mayer Way With Frosted Mayer Wheats
Midwest: Florida
West: UCLA
East: North Carolina
South: Memphis

Yeah, they're all 1- and 2-seeds. I'm not very original that way.

But Creighton made it in! Got a terrible draw playing Nevada in the first round, they're good. Shoulda been seeded higher with the way they finished their season.
Quote by americnidiot

let the discussion (and surely debating and flaming my picks) begin!

edit:
toughest region - West
weakest region - South (although all the sections are tough, its not actuallly "weak")
upset team (this year's GMason) - Winthrop
most vulnerable 1 seed - florida
most intriguing match up - ND vs. Winthrop in the Midwest

ok so toughest region is definatly the East.

1-UNC- ACC Champs
2-Georgetown - Big East Champs
4-Texas- 2nd place in conference

weakest i would say midwest.. not that they are bad, i think it has the most room for an upset.
Vulerable- florida
intriguing matchup VCU Duke or Kentucky Nova
Quote by Metal0Maniac

I now hate NC State.. simply because my hokies could NOT beat them for some damned reason. I mean, seriously.. what the hell? We beat far better teams no problem, but we lose to the Wolfpack three times.

I think Virginia tech will get eliminated in the second round and then I'll stop caring about the tourney.
Quote by papersun87
(I took a shot on a 12-seed) Long Beach State.

That shall be your demise.
Quote by jase_connor
what a knob [1983 Merman]...its so moronic I thought it was deliberate

Quote by guitar?
Merman I will speak the truth
We all think you're a flaming douche
Plus we all think you are gay
And we all hope you get aids
Quote by americnidiot
they had a decent run this season, altough i don't like their chances over gerogia tech

Go TECH!! They are really young this year though so anything can happen...

A freshman named Jodie Meeks went to my highschool and he is on Kentucky so i'm rooting for them too... Jodie was recently announced to be on the All-American Freshman Squad wOOt
Cannibal Corpse

Quote by THE JEWISH AFRO
Good Golly Gosh!

nice sig...
Quote by Spamwise
Man I can't believe it Wright State made it, that's awesome.

too bad Pitt is going to CRUSH them in the first round

and thats a good idea with the UG bracket poll, i was just going to have eneryone submit it to me for scroing, but thats much easier!
Quote by highvoltage66
http://cbkgame.foxsports.msn.com/default.aspx

i started a group called Ultimate-Guitar if anyone wants to join

the password is guitar

like i said in the above post, it's a good idea, but for incentive i think more people should enter and winner gets a spot in their sig. saying they won and possibly some other prize (?)

it doesnt really matter if you're right or not, theres always upsets and you could actually be right and win on lucky guesses....
Quote by americnidiot
too bad Pitt is going to CRUSH them in the first round

and thats a good idea with the UG bracket poll, i was just going to have eneryone submit it to me for scroing, but thats much easier!

I don't care if they lose, it's just cool.
Quote by §tratôcaster
Georgetown!!!

...maybe.

thats my national champ.... my bracket on the UG poll is different from my new and final one but w/e
Quote by americnidiot
thats my national champ....

yeah i just filled out mine and i have georgetown goin all the way.

im taking a BIG gamble on UNLV though, i have them beating florida in the regionals....

Wisconsin, all the way, altough our big white dude got pwned and is out for the season.
Quote by thrashster
Dude it doesnt matter how fast you can play, its the color of your skin that matters.

The first step to failure is trying

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
^UCLA is way too off and on to win the tourney.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
^yeah, I don't even have them in the elite 8.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
my random upseet pick of the day before i go and sleep: Old Dominion beats Butler and Maryland (fine, don't believe me ..... just thought i'd help you all get some points in the bracket polls, but you never know.... they could very well lose to bulter)

also, some more advice on your brackets:
-don't believe the Winthrop buzz.... If ND shoots 3's like they can, there will be no game
-watch for Virginia Commonwealth over Duke
-don't underestimate the Texas A&M
-Tennessee is on a mission
-Arkansas can upset USC

well, thats all my advice for today... am i right? who the hell knows, this is what me and my cousin came up with today as some major points after discussing each game
Anyone else disappointed that Davidson didn't manage to upset the Terps? I really thought they were going to pull it off.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by me_llamo_juan
Don't care for the NCAA tournament this year since Syracuse didn't get in. They went 10-6 in the BIG EAST CONFERENCE and still somehow didn't make it? they were ranked 5th in the freakin big east and two big east teams ranked lower than them got in.
And they definitely should've made it.

Haha... Arkansas, Texas Tech... that's a joke. They make it over SU.
SU SHOULD BE IN

I agree, SU should be in, but not in front of Texas Tech. The Big 12 was a great conference this season. I think Kansas State should have been in as well. Arkansas and Illinois shouldn't be in the tourney.

As for the tourney, I picked Tech to beat Boston College, and that didn't happen. Also, I have Maryland going to the final four, and they were down most of their game against Davidson. That game scared the crap out of me. In the end, I say Georgetown beats Kansas, 72-69.

EDIT:

Quote by americnidiot
my random upseet pick of the day before i go and sleep: Old Dominion beats Butler and Maryland (fine, don't believe me ..... just thought i'd help you all get some points in the bracket polls, but you never know.... they could very well lose to bulter)

also, some more advice on your brackets:
-don't believe the Winthrop buzz.... If ND shoots 3's like they can, there will be no game

Agreed, Notre Dame isnt just good at shooting threes, they are also a pretty good defensive team. Although, Winthrop is an outstanding defensive team.

Quote by americnidiot
-watch for Virginia Commonwealth over Duke

It might happen, but I seriously doubt it. Greg Paulus has started to step it up for Duke, and if he and Josh McRoberts play decent in the game, look for Duke to win big.

Quote by americnidiot
-don't underestimate the Texas A&M

Very true, Texas A&M is always underestimated, they are a very good team who can beat any team on any night. Look for Acie Law to step it up huge this tournament.

Quote by americnidiot
-Tennessee is on a mission

Isn't every team on a mission right now? That doesn't make any sense. I have them losing in the second round to Virginia.

Quote by americnidiot
-Arkansas can upset USC

well, thats all my advice for today... am i right? who the hell knows, this is what me and my cousin came up with today as some major points after discussing each game

God I hope you are right. If Arkansas beats USC, it will be much easier for UT to make it to the sweet sixteen.
Last edited by AngusIsMyHero at Mar 15, 2007,
well, i'll give you all an update for who care:

Finals:
Maryland 82 Davidson 70
Boston College 84 Texas Tech 75
Louisville 78 Stanford 58

As of 4:00 Eastern Time
Washington State up 8 on Oral Roberts half way through 2nd
Old Dominion up 1 on Butler at the half (go ODU)
Georgetown up 11 over Belmont start of 2nd half (gtown my natl champs)
A&M up 13 on Penn half

complete scores http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/scoreboard

my game picks for tonight (what to watch for fans and these are my game insights not from ESPN or anyone else, but im no expert, i just like my college bball)

Duke vs. Virginia Commonwealth 7:10 EST (watch for VCU, they have quick guards who can score, but can they match up on McRoberts? Duke by 4)

Marquette vs. Michigan State 7:20 EST (most likely you'll only get one of these games, this or the above, i'd definately watch this if you get the chance.... if drew neitzel gets hot, its over w/o the golden eagles best defender, Michigan State by 3)

Wright State vs. Pitt 9:40 EST (watch for Pitt to rebound strong after a dissapointing performance in the Big East Championship..... Pitt by 9)

in the words of Dicky V "Its AWESOME BABEEEEE!!!"
I live for March Madness. Well, since I'm a North Carolinian, I will say UNC is gonna do it. I think the Final Four will all be 1 seeds for the first time, which means UNC will beast Ohio St. like they did earlier in the season. But it's a tough call this year. They're are so many talented teams. I also think Oregon will defeat Florida once in the Elite 8...
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
I live for March Madness. Well, since I'm a North Carolinian, I will say UNC is gonna do it. I think the Final Four will all be 1 seeds for the first time, which means UNC will beast Ohio St. like they did earlier in the season. But it's a tough call this year. They're are so many talented teams. I also think Oregon will defeat Florida once in the Elite 8...

although all the 1 seeds are good teams, its a pretty evenly matched field this year...
i think florida is vulnerable (oregon or wisconsin could beat them)
kansas could be beat by pitt or UCLA if either team plays to its capacity
UNC can get beat by georgetown or texas
Ohio State can get beat by A&M

They could get beat by anoybody, but i think all 1 seeds are vulnerable.... don't look for as many upsets as last year IMO
Quote by americnidiot
although all the 1 seeds are good teams, its a pretty evenly matched field this year...
i think florida is vulnerable (oregon or wisconsin could beat them)
kansas could be beat by pitt or UCLA if either team plays to its capacity
UNC can get beat by georgetown or texas
Ohio State can get beat by A&M

They could get beat by anoybody, but i think all 1 seeds are vulnerable.... don't look for as many upsets as last year IMO

Meh, I think UNC's toughest game will be against Georgetown. Texas counts in Durant and Augustin to win games. Carolina is faster and has a better bench. I think it will be up for grabs though against G-Town.
LOL
Quote by Metal0Maniac

NC State to get as far as they did in the ACC. My parents are state fans, i'm a UNC fan...

but for real, state did good to get that far.
...hey...
Page 1 of 4