What do you think?

Im tryin to decide between an Epiphone Les Paul 100 and Epiphone G-400 and thats the only big difference i found other than the fact that the les paul has open coil humbuckers and the G-400 has .. i dont know.. i think those alnico things.
go for the g-400 there a beast
"I was influenced to play the guitar after I saw the guy on Power Rangers do it. I figured it would be easy, since a guitar is basically a big kazoo."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Blues Deville(For now... FOR SALE )
I've played quite a few crappy Les Paul 100s.

Are you married to either of those guitars?

And what amp do you have (I need to make a cat picture for that too).
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
is that japanese money
"I was influenced to play the guitar after I saw the guy on Power Rangers do it. I figured it would be easy, since a guitar is basically a big kazoo."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Blues Deville(For now... FOR SALE )
Quote by guitar_god22
the les paul 100 is garbage, get a standard if your going the paul route

No it isn't. Its not by any means "garbage" and I'm not saying it just because I own one. Its fairly decent for the price, and although there is better options, it still gets the job done.
Be cool.
The 100 is, well, what the price makes it out to be, it's just a cheaped down version of the standard epi LP.
As for the g-400, it pwns.
Quote by Xeus
those cats are amazing lol!

I figure that I ask these questions so many times, I might as well make them more interesting .

I hate cats, btw.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The G-400 for sure. In your first post you said the only difference is open to closed p'ups. WRONG. Not only does the G-400 have the closed p'ups which is only cosmetic btw, it has a set neck, which is a great thing to find on a guitar priced that low, and you might not like the LP shape and weight. It really is an acquired taste. Personally i don't like 'em, and another great thing about the SG is that it ways about half as much as my strat, which isn't that heavy to begin with. Go for the g-400.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
either les paul standard or g400 dont go near specials (sg included) or 100 models etc
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
Quote by FacingUsAll
I've played quite a few crappy Les Paul 100s.

Are you married to either of those guitars?

And what amp do you have (I need to make a cat picture for that too).

not really... what any better suggestions? the thing is im kind of on a $200-$300.. maybe a little more....