Which one of the Digitech RP series models has the whammy function in them?
Guitars-
Schecter S-1 Elite
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone SG Faded
Epiphone Sheraton II

Amps-
Peavey Valveking 212

Pedals-
Dunlop CryBaby
Boss NS-2
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

CHECK OUT MY BAND AT http://www.myspace.com/noneofusalone
I think they all do don't they? I have a RP100A and it has a whammy effect, but you need your own expression pedal. The more expensive ones come with their own expression pedals.
whats an expression pedal? sorry for being a noob
Guitars-
Schecter S-1 Elite
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone SG Faded
Epiphone Sheraton II

Amps-
Peavey Valveking 212

Pedals-
Dunlop CryBaby
Boss NS-2
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

CHECK OUT MY BAND AT http://www.myspace.com/noneofusalone
Quote by RATM62592
whats an expression pedal? sorry for being a noob

I guess it's kind of like a wah pedal without the wah effect, made for modelers. Google it. I've never checked the prices because I don't use the wah or whammy effect, so I don't know if it would be cheaper to buy a less expensive model like the RP150 and buy a expression pedal, or spend more and get more features.
This is an expression pedal , they're usually around $60-$100. Unless you really want the RP effects machine, just spend your money on a really nice whammy pedal .
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
an expression pedal is a pedal that makes you able to open or close (is that the correct termanology?) the whammy. the RP80, 200, 250, 300, 350 and x400 have the pedal built in
Gear:
Epiphone SG Vintage
Digitech RP 100A
Kustom Quad 100 DFX
Washburn D10S Deluxe (electric acoustic)
Quote by RATM62592
Which one of the Digitech RP series models has the whammy function in them?

You of course mean wah right?

I would go with single effect pedals, multieffect pedals have HORRIBLE effects. The modeling processors are a gimmick, you never use them, and they don't sound right, the manufacturer then throws together a bunch of bad effects and laughs as you pay for them.
Quote by Schecter1277
You of course mean wah right?

I would go with single effect pedals, multieffect pedals have HORRIBLE effects. The modeling processors are a gimmick, you never use them, and they don't sound right, the manufacturer then throws together a bunch of bad effects and laughs as you pay for them.

He could actually mean whammy pedal, especially if he's playing, say, a Les Paul which doesn't support a whammy bar but still wants the ability.

And yeah, I would go with the single effects pedals as well, they sound so much better. I have an RP50 and while its nice to mess around with here and there, I wouldn't recommend using it for playing gigs or recording. It severely distorts the sound quality and if you want to customize the effects, have fun getting the exact settings that you want. I've found its easier to play without any effects rather than trying to find the perfect effects on it. However, they're really nice to just mess around with when you're bored, or to try out different effects that you might be thinking of buying actual pedals for.
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
If you want the RP50 (not too sure on the other RPs) for the Whammy effect, my advise is don't.

I have one, and I bought an expression for it (about a year after getting the rp50), and I was very disappointed on the sound quality of the whammy, everything sounds really distorted and ear piercingly bad.

After I get soem money together, I'm gonna get rid of the rp50 and go the single effects route.