So when I use my ds-1 with the clean channel on my cube-30 i cant get the distortion i want. So i stopped using this pedal for a while, and just yesterday i found out that steve vai uses a ds-1 for live performances, sort of as a booster...

So how can i use my ds-1 to act as a booster??

most of the time i have my settings like this for the distortion channel on my amp

treble 7 bass 4 middle 5 gain 7

and the ds-1 has a level knob, a tone knob, and a dist knob. so what are the settings i should use?

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
I use mine as a booster as well. I set my Distortion 3/4 of the way up, and the tone only 1/4, so it gives you a nice tone. It bodes will with my Tube amp, but I'm not sure if it will with an SS.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Low Dist, Level all the way up, and just tweak the Tone knob
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I'd imagine you'd turn the level up and the distortion down to zero but that is more useful with a tube amp.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I tried everything guys, all i get is either no difference..or just massive distortion which creates feedback if u leave it for half a second....

maybe this just doesnt work wiht my amp?

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
Yeah, it's meant to work well with a tube amp.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^....and conversely won't work at all with a modeller. It sometimes works on SS amps depending on how they've got the distortion circuit configured, but quite often you just get a crapload of noise. Modelling amp? No chance
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
First get it modded by Keeley. Then play around with the settings till you get something you like.
First, sell it and get a proper overdrive or booster pedal. That distortion sounds like a mud wrestling contest in alabama. (muddy) I don't see how a distortion pedal is meant to work with a tube amp. That's what overdrive and boost are for.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
First, sell it and get a proper overdrive or booster pedal. That distortion sounds like a mud wrestling contest in alabama. (muddy) I don't see how a distortion pedal is meant to work with a tube amp. That's what overdrive and boost are for.

A distortion pedal works fine with a tube amp, it just depends on the kind of amp you have and the sound you want.

He's got a cube anyway, so not a tube in sight....and a modded DS-1 won't make any difference to the fact that it won't work properly.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
A distortion pedal works fine with a tube amp, it just depends on the kind of amp you have and the sound you want.

He's got a cube anyway, so not a tube in sight....and a modded DS-1 won't make any difference to the fact that it won't work properly.

Actually it will work properly...the stock DS-1 has volume issues but the Keeley modded DS-1 has plenty of volume when the level is set to 5 o'clock.
The problem isn't with the pedal, it's with the amp - modelling amps (and some solid state amps) don't like you mucking around with their input signal. Effectively you're giving the processor a corrupted signal so things get messed up in the conversion, resulting in the noise he's been getting. It'll be ok on the clean channel, but the distorted amp models simply don't work that way.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc