http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/DisplacedLogic/DSC00018.jpg?t=1173662507

First off, I must say I got this thing at a VERY good price. Second, I must say my camera sucks balls, which is why the picture doesn't look very good. Is it the guitar for you, though?

I play mine straight into a Peavey ValveKing 50watt. Keeping it in standard tuning (the only reason I purchased it...), I was able to get some very convincing metal tones, but after rolling the volume knob back, it cleaned up to get a very nice blues sound, as well. And that was just the bass pickup. The treble gave the metal tones that much more of an edge. And when doing some quick bass string runs, the bass responce was... solid, punchy, but not boomy (which I have the problem of on SD's), and it's just a cheap SE! Head to head, it's not as good as an American Singlecut, but it does give it a run for it's money. I love it. If you are looking for a guitar that has nice cleans, great distortion sounds, and you are poor, maybe the PRS SE is for you
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
Last edited by DisplacedLogic at Mar 11, 2007,
How much did you get it for?
I had an SE Standard in Brown and it was great, but got stolen. So I am looking for a new PRS'esq guitar.
Well, I paid just a notch over $400 US.
And don't let this guitar mistake you for metal. It does it. And does it well. You wouldn't think it would, but it does.
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
Yeah, PRS has something great about their guitars. The expensive ones are self-explanitory, but the SE(cheap ones), are also fantastic. I would take a lower PRS over any other guitar in the price range. ESP LTD m-200, viper-200, Jackson js series, any Schecter(in the price range), Fender, and Epiphone. The PRS SE dominates all guitars around $500 us dollars!
They run on MF for about $600, but they come with a kick ass padded gig bag, a truss rod adjuster, and a cable thats like... 6 feet long. A lot of the guitars in that price range don't come with a gig bag... Shows ya that PRS likes it's customers.
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
I'm also in the prcoess of buying a PRS but i've decided on the Custom with the tremelo and cherry sunburst finish. I played it the other day in a music store and was not able to put it down, i flat out fell in love with the thing, and i'll prolly be going back there to buy it sometime this week! *note i also played a fender standard strat and the PRS blew it out of the water, but that is just my personal preference
although on MF i was under the impression it just came with a gig bag, not the cable and truss rod adjuster?
Last edited by d_herm56 at Mar 11, 2007,
PRS's are some of the most versatile electrics out there. Most of them have a coil tap, and the quality control on even the low end ones is extremely good. And if you say they aren't for metal, the guitarist from Nightwish uses a PRS hollowbody.

PinkEdit: Whoops I'm sorry it's the Nightwish bassist who uses what looks like a PRS hollowbody, it's so hard to tell from their music videos lol.
Last edited by which ones pink at Mar 12, 2007,
a lot of bands with a heavy high-gain sound use prs guitars - breaking benjamin, funeral for a friend and fightstar are a few of the more mainstream ones.

and they sound very good indeed.
I got one, with the tabacco sunburst, I actually bought a schecter hellraiser, which was a good guitar, but took it back cos tonally it wasn't good for the clean stuff.

I tried out the SE and a few other ltd ec400 and a limited edition Ibanez sz, and this thing blew them both away, I was dubious at first because its very light compared to my strat, but now the strat sits in the box cos this guitar is amazing. The ltd was 200 quid more but not worth it at all compared to this.
Yeah, in the Gigbag comes some "case candy"... Kinda awkward, but still! Truss rod adjuster? That's awesome. And instructions on how to adjust the truss... And warranty stuff, too.

Note: One thing about the SE Custom is the fact the tuners don't lock, so that may be something you want to look into.
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
Quote by DisplacedLogic
They run on MF for about $600, but they come with a kick ass padded gig bag. A lot of the guitars in that price range don't come with a gig bag... Shows ya that PRS likes it's customers.

Eh i could get a gigbag with any guitar in that price range

I'd just be like " :O a 1000$ guitar get's a kickazz case , and 600$ guitar doesn't even come with a gigbag? ...how the f. am i going to take it home with me" ...Tadaaa...gigbag for you sir :p

( i even managed to do that shit with my first 300 buck guitar so :P) and he only had nice gigbags in the store :p
It's an off and on thing if you manage to get one. I've seen people get them, and then I've seen people get shafted on them, too.
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B