I was on break so I played through a Krank and harmonics sounded very clean and then I played a 5150 and the harmonics sounded really low, is this weird because I have a peavey xxl and harmonics are super clean
Not sure about the 5150 but the XXX are very dark amps. I've never played through a Krank but I hear that the XXX is somewhat similar voiced like Krank.
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
I think the 5150 sound is kind of harsh. Plus comparing it to a Krank is just mean spirited to any amp under $3,000. But, the harmonics from the Valve King series are great, so, it might be the tubes or possibly the guitar or someting.
Quote by esp_krank_vht
I was on break so I played through a Krank and harmonics sounded very clean and then I played a 5150 and the harmonics sounded really low, is this weird because I have a peavey xxl and harmonics are super clean

Its voiced differently.

My 5150 plays just as cleanly as any other amp I own or have owned.

I think you just don't like the voicing of the amplifier, like I said.
Quote by MrSandMan
Not sure about the 5150 but the XXX are very dark amps. I've never played through a Krank but I hear that the XXX is somewhat similar voiced like Krank.

I don't think I've ever heard a dark XXX.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
Its voiced differently.

My 5150 plays just as cleanly as any other amp I own or have owned.

I think you just don't like the voicing of the amplifier, like I said.

yeah. also, which krank?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?