So basically i started out with a red epiphone SG special, it was my first guitar and it did its job. anyway it had taken some abuse, the finish was messed so i decided to paint it and get new pickups, this was my first guitar project and i think it turned out pretty good..what do you guys think?!

Before ...this isnt the actual guitar, but this is what is basically looked like

After

close up to see the finish..

so all it needs now are some knobs haha

took about a couple weeks working on it whenever i was bored, tell me what you think
^ya, but it matches the neck..as far as i can tell, that would be super rad if your headstock was white, orr the same as your neck, that would be something different..anyway looking good,

what kind of pickups are those?
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Are they white EMGs?

That's a GREAT improvement. Sexy guitar man. Is the wood grain on the neck the actual wood?

My one criticism is the black headstock. A matching white one would make awesome. But I can understand you may have wanted to keep the Epiphone logo or something.

Nice work.
That looks very nice... I never would have went with a white guitar but that looks great. I like the pickgaurd too I think it is very nice on the white.
A guitar is your personality expressed through 6 strings.
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Are they white EMGs?

That's a GREAT improvement. Sexy guitar man. Is the wood grain on the neck the actual wood?

My one criticism is the black headstock. A matching white one would make awesome. But I can understand you may have wanted to keep the Epiphone logo or something.

Nice work.

those are active pickups, called "guitarheads"..i got them for like 70 bucks. Not quite as good as emg's, but they do have a really good metal sound which is what i was going for..and for the price i cant complain

and yeahh to everyone wondering about the headstock, i was thinking of painting it white as well...but i wasnt sure how to go about it, like get a new logo or something..its no biggie i might change it in the future

and yeah the neck is real wood lol, sanded down the original red finish and it got a nice surprise!
i think i should make a poll, what do you think...

white headstock

or

wood grain headstock
Wood grain.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
wow, this morning i was looking at my epi sg special, and thinking it would look sexy as hell in white. I really want to give it a new paint job and pickups and everything. Do you think you could pm with the paint you used and where you got it, i see your from ontario so possibly store name to?

that looks awesome btw, and the headstock would look good in white, but looks fine in black.
dude that is awesome, lovin the finish on the neck, do the headstock woodgrain!!!!!

and if you can do it get it custom inlaid????

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
thats sexy as hell man, where can i get some of those pickups?
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by mitch_33
wow, this morning i was looking at my epi sg special, and thinking it would look sexy as hell in white. I really want to give it a new paint job and pickups and everything. Do you think you could pm with the paint you used and where you got it, i see your from ontario so possibly store name to?

that looks awesome btw, and the headstock would look good in white, but looks fine in black.

nothing fancy here, its krylon fusion you can get at any canadian tire or home depot, wal mart..everywhere haha

wood grain head stock it is, ill get around to finishing it next time i change my strings

as for the pickups i got them on ebay..guitarheads, i think they have a website..didnt really want to dish out the cash for emg's for such a cheapo guitar..but it plays good now!
Make some knobs in the same wood as the piguard. And sand of the paint on the headstock to show the wood.
nice job
its original
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
OMG that is the sexiest SG I have EVER seen. Better than The Les Paul SG with the 3 pickups for sure.

And before you call BS, there WAS a Les Paul SG.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Pics or it didn't happen.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
Pics or it didn't happen.

Here, you can make out the "Les Paul" engraving on the pickguard. Apparently, they released it as another Les Paul "signature", but Mr. Paul wasn't informed. When he saw it, he contacted them and asked to get his name removed from it, because he wasn't too fond of it:
**** what everbody says dude, that thing is hot. I love the wood accents on the pickguard and the neck. The black on the headstock looks fine; it matches the switch plate. Def post some pictures when you get the knobs on there!
2004 Fender Mexican Fat Strat
2003 Epiphone SG-400
Marshall DSL-401
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter

http://www.myspace.com/realityfracture/
Quote by m_hedborg
Make some knobs in the same wood as the piguard...

that would be pretty cool!

thanks for the compliments everyone .

im thinking about doing another and selling it on ebay or something
Last edited by deadbolt at Mar 19, 2007,
man, that finish is sweeeeeet

I LOVE the back of the neck, how did you get it?
Quote by mangaka82
man, that finish is sweeeeeet

I LOVE the back of the neck, how did you get it?

sand and stain the original!
That is one of the sexiest SG's I have ever seen.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Wow!
I love it, I think a wood grain headstock would match it quite nicely, and wooden knobs. They might be just the thing to give it the extra spark! This is beautiful...

Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
TS, I don't suppose you could write down all the steps you used to do this?

Because for using cheap Krylon spray paint the finish looks great!
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~