if your mouse is hovering over this, and you have any knowledge of recording, just click this.

i recently got acid pro 6 to record in my room for my band. I also got an adapter so that i can plug a microphone straight into my computer. (throught the 'line in' jack) i am aware that this is pretty much the worst technique for recording, but i'm just trying to get it to work.

when i first got acid pro 6, i used an old jack lying around my house to plug the mic into. I tested it and it worked, but it was very quiet. some ug members advised me to turn the 'line-in' volume all the way up, and i did, but after this i got no response from the sound monitor or any sound while recording.

so,... i bought a new adapter jack from radio shack yesterday and to make a long story short, it still doesnt work.

help pl0x.
Quote by Bmm386
"I cut my own penis off and ate it"

pinkowitz.net - another /b/ forum (help it grow)
well first off, are you sure you turned up the line in / if it was a mic, on my computer, line in and microphone are different input volumes. wat did you do to turn it up?
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
yeah i turned the mic volume all the way up
Quote by Bmm386
"I cut my own penis off and ate it"

pinkowitz.net - another /b/ forum (help it grow)
make sure everything is turned on. a lot of times something is muted or turned off. you also might want to buy a mixer.
I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger......a man on the move and just sick enough to be totally confident.

Quote by Hexagram
Oh and Zeke, i find you to be over-rated