Any advice for this song? Im struggling a bit here
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

master the thumb taping technique John used to create the song. watch videos or him doing it on youtube? idk practice. ive watched him play it a millino times on youtube and everytime i jizz my pants.
dude ive posted threads on this asking the same kinda questions. due to my job and other things in life, i usually only play about an hour per day, given that, ive been practicing this song (not everyday but most) for months now and even given up on it twice i think, but ive finally got it. so moral is-- just stick with it, it will come. i personally cant fret the bass note on the last chord with my thumb as he does and many people on youtube, so if thats the case for you just improvise. also work on the chord shapes, get them down first. and slim was absolutely right you gotta get the slap technique, john uses it in many songs for a certain percussive feel. well this was very long so i hope it helps.
Quote by GuitarHero0715
yea, i know what you mean, i think it means you have balls, not sure, thats what i heard from my dad, although he wasnt sober

Quote by Sinforsale
Welcome to UG, The "safest" place on the Net.

a Tip is this: Dont Go Into the Pit Under ANY Circumstance.
Well, I got the first part down, because today is a sunday, and all I did today was work at the song. The only thing about the first part of the song is the finger picking patern.

So yeah, thanks for the tips above guys
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

Quote by ktjackfan
i personally cant fret the bass note on the last chord with my thumb as he does and many people on youtube, so if thats the case for you just improvise.

yea, i had trouble getting my thumb stretched out, too! It sucks

i think it's best if you try to get the beat down. I did the thumb slap/[thumb/index] pick while muting my fretting hand just to get the beat. After that, it's breezy. It's just a bunch of chords, that's all really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A74sgtJKvk&mode=related&search=

hope that helps
yah practice it VERY VERY VERY slowly to make sure you get it crystal clear before you even think about speeding it up!

G'Luck!
Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P = The Man

Quote by civildp1
wouldn't it be awesome if you pulled a girls panties off and she smelled like cake?

Quote by SupremeACL
My mom used to fart a lot. It sucked.
Practice the picking technique first so that you don't even have to think about it when you play. If for some reason you don't have giant thumbs like John has, do a barre-chord for those wrap-around parts.

Play it really slow until there are no gaps in between chord changes. Speed it up and add the percussion by using your right thumb when you pick down. It also helps to practice the chord changes so the final product is nice and seamless.

Here's a couple of nice instructional videos on Youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z01M_4R80Wg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kuGn5jlDzpo

They give you the basics. Have fun!

On a side note, does anybody have any advice for actually SINGING along while playing Neon?