Guitar-wise.

I'm good enough to learn pretty much any chord or scale (that I don't already know), I have decent rhythm, I know how to tap, I know some basic arpeggio shapes, but when I try to make my own material, I can't (on acoustic or electric, either would be wonderful, I like them both equally). I of course know that there must be a beginning, middle, and end, but for some reason I can't do it. Can someone please give me some advice on how to do this?
I personally like to follow the 3 patterns......... HERE:

Intro - Verse - Verse - Chorus - Verse - Bridge - Chorus - Outro

Intro - Verse - Chorus - Verse - Chorus - Bridge - Outro

Intro - Verse - Bridge - Verse - Verse - Chorus - Outro

I have specific riffs for each of those parts... and fills inbetween, because i'm into classical like madness.
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya
Quote by Ryioku
I personally like to follow the 3 patterns......... HERE:

Intro - Verse - Verse - Chorus - Verse - Bridge - Chorus - Outro

Intro - Verse - Chorus - Verse - Chorus - Bridge - Outro

Intro - Verse - Bridge - Verse - Verse - Chorus - Outro

I have specific riffs for each of those parts... and fills inbetween, because i'm into classical like madness.

while this is all good and dandy, remember, it can be limiting, start out doin this stuff, but branch out, put in fills, write 20 second songs, write 10 minute songs, just let the music take its own path
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by EZLN libertad
while this is all good and dandy, remember, it can be limiting, start out doin this stuff, but branch out, put in fills, write 20 second songs, write 10 minute songs, just let the music take its own path

Well, yes it can be limiting... but its just sort of guidelines... I often do break the pattern during the songwriting, but I generally start with a pattern like that, and let it go as it may...
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya