which is the better trem, the ibanez edge 3s that are on most of there even 5-600 dollar guitars now, or the jackson jt580 i think it is, the jt580 is on like the js30 with the trem, and like dk2s and stuff as well..like does jackson use better parts for the jt580 on higher models..or is it the same across the board, like a jt580 is a jt580 no matter what? and what are your experiences with these 2 units?
as far as i know a jt580 is jt580 and theyre the same across the board, i have one and they are good, dont feel quite as smooth as an OFR but mine has been just as reliable so far, one and a half years of pretty regular heavy abuse and holds tune extremely well.

from what ive heard about the edge III it is very hit and miss, i played an RG350 in a shop and it didnt stay in tune very long at all but im pretty sure it can vary
alright thanks a lot, ill take the jackson trem on my next guitar..i think it can be switched with an OFR anyways...thanks man
I'd probably prefer a jackson one, because it's a straight retrofit for an OFR...

But obviously you'd need to see which guitar you prefer- I wouldn't buy an Ibanez with an edge III, that's for sure, if you like ibanez, you're best to bite the bullet and get one with a good trem (edge pro or ZR).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
k and has anyone tried schecters LFR? are they swappable with a better trem?
^ the one I tried had an OFR, no help there, sorry...

I hear some (all? no idea) of the schecters don't have too deep of a route for the trem- that can decrease how much up-pull you can get. Definitely check it out for yourself, just to make sure.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i took a chance..i dont think ill do like mega dive bombs on it, its more just for tuning stability and good vibrato...i bought a schecter omen 6 extreme fr, newly released, do you think i should put my JB in there? it comes with schecter alnico humbuckers? whats an alnico humbucker? thanks
I guess you could try the JB in both guitars, just to see where it sounds better.

Alnico is a type of magnet, generally electric guitar pickups are made from either ceramic or alnico, with alnico generally split into different grades, alnico II and V being the most common.

Generally, ceramic has the tightest, highest output tone, the most modern-sounding distortion, but cleans and lower gain tones will suffer.

Alnico II is lower output, sounds smooth and spongy, great cleans and vintage tones (and think slash for overdrive tone), but can "mush up" with too much gain and sound muddy.

Alnico V is kind of in-between- more modern sounding than alnico II, but not as modern as ceramic, and consequently has good cleans and distortion, generally, it's more versatile. Though if you only want vintage tones, or alternatively only want modern metal tones, alnico II or ceramic, respectively, could be a better choice. Alnico V is kind of the all-round choice. It does have its own tone too, though, it's not to say that everyone who buys an alnico V pickup wants both good cleans and distortion.

Also the number of winds etc. affects the tone too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
k thanks dave, maybe ill just try it without the JB first..and see how it is..thanks
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?