wait... youre comparing a $2,000 guitar, to a $700 guitar?

Many people aren't very satisfied with the quality of their gibson for the price(like it's the same as the epi, maybe less)

As far as the hellraiser, I wouldn't. Unless you want to play that metal where the people cough into the mic and call it singing, I wouldn't.
I would get the C-1 artist series, I own a C-1+, and I am overly satasified, and the tones are unlimited with that guitar.
Decide between the C-1 classic, C-1+, or C-1 artist, the only difference is looks.

You can't beat a duncan SH-4 JB in versatility, then add the Jazz pickup in the neck, the perfect combination. They are the most popular combination, so much they are sold together.
Last edited by Schecter1277 at Mar 11, 2007,
Never owned a Les Paul, so I won't say anything about them, but I do own a C-1 Hellraiser and I have to say, it was well worth the price. I don't have the Duncan's on it, but I have EMG's 81 and 85, and they are excellent for metal (and maybe for punk, but I personally hate punk).
Quote by \m/(--_--)\m/
Never owned a Les Paul, so I won't say anything about them, but I do own a C-1 Hellraiser and I have to say, it was well worth the price. I don't have the Duncan's on it, but I have EMG's 81 and 85, and they are excellent for metal (and maybe for punk, but I personally hate punk).

But they'd be bad for your middle of the road rock, which is why I told him to stay away from it. Plus black is so clique'
Quote by Schecter1277
But they'd be bad for your middle of the road rock, which is why I told him to stay away from it. Plus black is so clique'

Agreed on the "black" comment. I looked long and hard for the black cherry finish, but couldn't find one. It really makes the guitar beautiful. And yeah, it isn't exactly a rock guitar, because the pick-ups are active, so they are hot as F**K. But like I said, metal sounds pretty decent from a Hellraiser. The other guitarist in my power metal band has a C-1 with Duncan's on it, and our guitar's complement each other very nicely.
They do, I don't ever think I havnt been able to not hit a tone I was looking for, the SH-4 JB is right middle of the road, and very versatile. Whereas the EMG's are very specialized.
And most metal up untill the 1990's used very little distortion, and only bad metal bands use metal pedals.

personally, I think EMG's are overkill, but that's just my opinion.
Haha yeah, I've never actually used a metal-pedal before. To elaborate, when the other guitarist is doing his rhythm and I solo over top, it sounds good because of the difference in tone. Alternatley, while he solos, he usually has the deeper sounding tone (he is usually on his neck pick-up), and my guitar sort of...makes up for the lack of his rhythm distortion while I crunch out the powerchords, if that makes any sense, lol.
I would offer you a sample of our music, but we haven't made a MySpace or anything along those lines yet, sorry.
Quote by Schecter1277

I think you mean cliche, not clique. A cliche is something that is common and overused to the point that its expected and is unoriginal. A clique is a small, exclusive group of people.

It is cliche when someone says that a Marshall MG sucks hahahaha and a clique would be the people on UG that actually like MGs hahahaha.
Quote by thebrewfan
I think you mean cliche, not clique. A cliche is something that is common and overused to the point that its expected and is unoriginal. A clique is a small, exclusive group of people.

It is cliche when someone says that a Marshall MG sucks hahahaha and a clique would be the people on UG that actually like MGs hahahaha.

Thank you for clearing that up.
Haha I used to have an MG.....but I have long since gotten rid of it, no worries.
...WHO CARES, GET THE LES PAUL!

And be sure to set it up properly.

Have a nice day.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
^what he said
he's from hawaii

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Jinskee
...WHO CARES, GET THE LES PAUL!

And be sure to set it up properly.

Have a nice day.

You don't own a paul do you?

Poor paintjobs, cheap wood, frets not set up properly, and various other manufacture defects; and poor customer service. It won't be money well spent at all.
I've heard the LP horror stories, if youre looking at a paul, it's best to get it from an alternate manufature.
have you actually experienced a "LP horror story"?
i own a LP
it's not a gibson though
its an epiphone...and its a great guitar for what i payed for it

btw, its the classic quilt top

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Quote by Schecter1277

Poor paintjobs, cheap wood, frets not set up properly, and various other manufacture defects; and poor customer service. It won't be money well spent at all.
I've heard the LP horror stories, if youre looking at a paul, it's best to get it from an alternate manufature.

Have you ever heard of "Trying them out so you won't get a lemon and cry"? Method?

Yup.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Schecter1277

I have a Paul. None of those things describe my guitar. Then again she's 30 years old and being an anniversary edition came out of the custom shop. I really can't say anything for the quality today. I hear the same thing about Gibson quality everywhere. I am guessing they do every once and awhile put out a few decent guitars. Maybe, if you are seriously considered laying down that kind of money, play as many different LP's as you can and then pick the best one.
Quote by Jinskee
Have you ever heard of "Trying them out so you won't get a lemon and cry"? Method?

Yup.

Unless you've been playing excellent guitars for several years and have had various models and have experience in knowing what to look for, youre not gonna know what youre looking for.

Quote by magicninja_
I have a Paul. None of those things describe my guitar. Then again she's 30 years old and being an anniversary edition came out of the custom shop. I really can't say anything for the quality today. I hear the same thing about Gibson quality everywhere. I am guessing they do every once and awhile put out a few decent guitars. Maybe, if you are seriously considered laying down that kind of money, play as many different LP's as you can and then pick the best one.

which is why yours doesn't suck, and why 30 year old gibsons go for so much, and why gibson has such a good name.

$200 for the guitar, $1500 for the name, to break down what you pay for in that $1800 guitar.
Last edited by Schecter1277 at Mar 12, 2007,
$200 + $1500 = $1700

just thought i'd tell you

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

2 almost completely different guitars for 2 different genres of music in 2 different price ranges.

Quote by hendriko
$200 + $1500 = $1700

ROFL.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
LMAOnaise, LOLlerskates, and ROFLcopter all in one.

IMO get the shechter. Those things are so sexy, I'd hit that any day of the week. PLus, the neck doesn't feel like a fricking club. You can chord better on the shechter neck, If you have long, skinny fingers like me. If you want any kind of gibson get a V, they have nice necks and an overall nice feel.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by hendriko
$200 + $1500 = $1700

Youre not counting labor costs

I originally put 300, but I felt it was being generous, and forgot to change it.
haha
ok then

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Thats ****ed up 2000 for a gibson with ceramic humbuckers.

With a c-1 classic you could get the same woods, smaller neck, better pickups. No "Gibson" on headstock though.

Oh yeah and the little detail that its 1300 dollars less.