Page 1 of 6
For instance, I basically like about 30% of Hardcore and about 40% of Metal and then just the rest of what I listen to is like ambient, hip hop, or post hardcore, and screamo..

I don't know my listening currently goes:

White-belt grind -> Hardcore -> Wu-Tang -> Metal -> Post hardcore/screamo

However for the mostpart I listen to metal and only go on these bindges rarely.

http://www.last.fm/user/112388
Well I listen to metal, rock, punk, some older blues type stuff, as well as a bit of techno so I'd say I have fairly diverse tastes. And btw, the metal video from the link in your sig was taken down, what was it?
I listen to metal, blues, rock, classical, acoustic instrumental, alternative, jazz, modern funk, and a bit of techno.
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
Quote by Turbo_Man
Well I listen to metal, rock, punk, some older blues type stuff, as well as a bit of techno so I'd say I have fairly diverse tastes. And btw, the metal video from the link in your sig was taken down, what was it?

Entombment Of A Machine

I chose it specifically to show that a band like Job For A Cowboy is completely metal and not at all like hardcore.

I'm gonna put TTEOTD in the place of it though I think.
Fairly large.

Why do you keep saying white-belt grind lol?

EDIT: Looked up the white belt term and it means "fake"

Should this even be here?
30% black metal/symphonic metal/folk metal, 15% grindcore/death metal, 10% other metal, 15% classical, 20% hardcore and its spinoffs, 5% jazz and rockabilia, 5% ambient, techno, alternative.
about 80% metal
and most of that is thrash and death
most of the rest is classic rock

I guess I'm not that diverse
Quote by garden of grey
Fairly large.

Why do you keep saying white-belt grind lol?

EDIT: Looked up the white belt term and it means "fake"

Should this even be here?

Yeah, its a derogatory term, but I actually like a lot of the bands under the term.
power metal, NWOBHM, thrash metal, progressive metal, melodic death metal, classic rock, blues, jazz, shred, progressive death metal, progressive rock, some bluegrass, and some rap(only Afroman).

i guess i'm pretty diverse but for the most part i'm a metal head.
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
Metal, metal, metal, metal, metal, classic rock, blues, jazz, shred, metal, progressive rock, some bluegrass, Afroman.

Yeah, you're diverse in the genre of metal. I used to be like that, then I branched out into hardcore.
I don't want to sound like a close-minded fuck, but all I really listen to its metal, besides classical music and piano stuff from Nobuo Uematsu and my favorite tunes from .Hack Sign OST's.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Quote by SorrowIsMe
I don't want to sound like a close-minded fuck, but all I really listen to its metal, besides classical music and piano stuff from Nobuo Uematsu and my favorite tunes from .Hack Sign OST's.

Yea, it's mostly metal for me too. I'll still listen to classical, jazz, blues, and soundtrack/video game music occasionally. And of course, prog rock. And Mr. Bungle rarely. Ars Moriendi \m/ I try to listen to rap too, but I find that you have to be in the right mood, or playing some basketball/gta san andreas.
I've found Jesus
ever since i was 4 i have been listening to more punk than anything else, but i've listened to some of the more mainstream metal (sabbath, metallica, sepultura, some nu metal like slipknot and soulfly) and emperor since i was about midway through primary school.

then a few years ago i got into hardcore punk and crossover, then into metalcore and pretty much any extreme metal.

other than that i listen to a lot of jazz. django reinhardt, miles davis, george benson, louis armstrong, duke ellington, pretty much any kind of jazz is good....well most kinds of jazz...

uh...i like some stuff that most people definately wouldn't expect to find me listening to...abba...delta goodrem...i like some of those female pop singers that do those big catchy choruses, but some of them just fail massively.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Estimates:

50% metal & all its subgenres
20% -core
10% shred
10% jazz
6% rock
3% classical
1% rap/hip-hop/r&b

In short, my musical tastes are somewhat diverse.
Last edited by ph3n0m at Mar 12, 2007,
besides metal: IDM, psytrance, dark ambient, glitch, trip-hop, jazz, prog, classical, country, some punk and crust, neo-folk, underground hip-hop, flamenco, noise, and experimental indie shit
Our skin worn thin
Our bones exposed
Life reduced to ticks
Mostly metal (almost every subgenre of it), and also hip hop, reggae, 80's new wave, blues, classic/modern rock, punk, electric, experimental stuff like Gorillaz and Frank Zappa, and some "fake" metal (metalcore, nu metal, etc.).

Fairly diverse, I think.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
I listen to a lot of different kinds of music. My father is a musician who is really open minded about music and I was raised that way I suppose. I've been listening to metal since I was 7(1994) and my father had been playing NIN for me since the first album (1989). I tend to stay away from the radio though so I don't know a lot of those "in" bands of today but other than that I listen to a little bit of everything. I've been really jamming out two groups as of late, well one group and one artist: Bad Brains (hardcore stuff before the reggae swtich - and if you like real hardcore and haven't heard of Bad Brains, kill yourself and quit posing) and Mos Def.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Anything that involves the notes A B C D E F G # or b. Just as long as it sounds good.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Pretty much anything goes. As long as it sounds good in one way or another, i don't care whether it's death metal or bubblegum pop. The genre i'm into the most changes a lot, i keep going through phases: my latest obsession is an avant-garde prog band called Magma. (my last.fm)
Quote by SorrowIsMe

Pretty much the same listening tastes as me. I listen to some hard rock stuff like Thin Lizzy (underrated) and some metalcore. Oh, and stuff like Feeder and Muse, although I have no idea what they are classed as.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
80% Metal all the time. I don't mind anything as long as it's got a good tune. I've been getting into fruityloops lately, so a bit of ambient/atmospheric drum&bass doesn't go astray. The only form of music that truly sucks is generic pop.
*deep breath*

Industrial (mainly electro-industrial, industrial rock/metal, some EBM, a bit of the early stuff too, some powernoize and noise)
Metal (mainly black, death, real grind, some thrash)
Hip hop (mainly 90s stuff like Wu Tang etc)
Electronic (triphop, IDM, Prodigy, etc)
Goth (mainly 80s)
Classical
Jazz
Punk (mainly classic hardcore)
Some modern rock
Classic rock
Neofolk

Yeah, I think I'm pretty varied.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by SGRocker0791
I'd say:

85% Metal
10% Rock
5% Blues, Jazz, and Classical

This is pretty much me as well.
Hmm, lol. I'd say

10% Heavy Metal (Metallica/Megadeth)
15% Hard Rock (like A7X)
20% Metalcore and Deathcore (like As I Lay Dying and Job for a Cowboy)
40% Melodic Death Metal (In Flames's older material)
10% Death Metal (lol Cannibal Corpse)
2% Country
1% Emo
2% Industrial Rock
i listen to metal, classic rock, blues, reggae, underground hip hop, hard rock, and such. lol
pretty strange bout the reggae aye?
In order of most listened too:
Metal
Classic rock
Hardcore
Punk
Hard Rock (whatever that is)
Rock
Blues
Any good (and i mean good) pop/r&b

and any musician who can manage to play a song in the key of B# major.
(only musicians get that^)

Right now im overly obsessed with Avenged Sevenfold cos they are SO EFEN GOOD!!
And yes they are metal stop saying they're hard rock or hardcore they are freakin metal.

Im done now...
Wisest is she who knows she does not know.
Anything that happens to be by Manic Street Preachers
Metal
Classic Rock in all its various forms
Some modern rock, mostly just Stoner rock, heavy Grunge, Muse and Turbonegro
Orchestral
Blues

In that order
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
about
30% metal (except metalcore if you count that as metal)
30% classic rock
10% blues
10% jazz
10% reggae
10% neo-folk

those are just the outer borders, there's shitloads of variety inside the main genres
so I think I have very diverse music taste, I listen to much heavier music than most who I know IRL and listen to more calm or "boring" music than most

but basically I love progressive music and I think that really has broaden my horizons

the music I can't stand are R&B, Hip Hop and everything where the music is 90% rythm and 10% melody
techno/electronic music is other, it gets just pure annoying, electronic sounds sound great when corporated into other styles of music tho
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Last edited by Kepulix at Mar 12, 2007,
Classical > Metal > everything else.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by axe-maniac

Right now im overly obsessed with Avenged Sevenfold cos they are SO EFEN GOOD!!
And yes they are metal stop saying they're hard rock or hardcore they are freakin metal.

Lol, their album Waking the Fallen maybe a fuse of metalcore and melodic riffs but their latest album, City of Evil, is hard rock.
I have newfound respect for i am the robots for digging the Wu.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.