I recently bought the head and cab in my sig and the cab is really old and in pretty bad shape. i'm thinking about getting a new cab when i get some more money. i have 2 questions about it though. how much does a 4x12 orange cab cost? ive seen the list price of nearly $1000. and also would an orange cab go well with my mesa head or should i just buy a mesa cab?
Trendiness!
ESP Eclipse II
Gibson Explorer
Ibanez RG2610e
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
yeah, new speakers would probably be a good, cheap(ish) option, rather than a new cab.

Orange cabs are fantastic though. ORANGE FTW
wow. this thread has been open for 7 minutes and we still havent heard from Jinksee
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Quote by -Intermission-
yeah, new speakers would probably be a good, cheap(ish) option, rather than a new cab.

Orange cabs are fantastic though. ORANGE FTW

Orange cabs are fantastic, for orange heads.

LOTS of tone comes from the cab and the speakers. You can either compliment or ruin a heads tone with the wrong cab.
Quote by rustic_metal
wow. this thread has been open for 7 minutes and we still havent heard from Jinksee

Yea where are you Jinksee???

Though ya I would suggest new speakers, if that doesn't work, a new Mesa cab might be in order.

My orange senses haven't tingled in a while...I've been eating grapes--sorry guys!

No, but seriously, Orange cabs are great (from what I hear) A friend of mine wants to sell his 4x12 mesa cab for a 4x12 orange one...but it's so expensive. I say go for it man!

Oh, and w00t Intermission, Orange Mates FTW!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
If you're really wanting to buy a whole new cab then the Orange would be your best bet. Anything Mesa you can't hardly get any discount off the RRP but you can get a fair bit off Orange. I think the Orange would be cheaper already anyway?

They're both top quality and have the same speakers so I don't see much compromise.
EDIT: The only thing I can think is Orange angled cabs are a bit more than a straight one.

Plus then you just need upgrade to an Orange head later...
Orange cabs are outstanding, but you'll probably get a better response with your amp thru a Mesa cab. They're very similarly built, but Mesa's are usually 8 ohms, while Orange are 16. Your head is probably better suited for the 8 ohm cab.

What's wrong with your current cab? Is it just cosmetic, or are the speakers shot? If it's a speaker problem, swapping them out with some new V30's would get you close to the whole Mesa/Orange vibe anyway. If it's just cosmetic... what's the problem?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.