Okay, so i was thinking about growing my hair. i love Pantera and i shaved my head like Phil Anselmo but i was thinking... it'd be awesome to have hair like dimebag darrell or like my good friend and i just wanna know how i could grow my hair long like a true metal-head. i look like a total goof when my hair gets around my eyes and ears and i have to cut it shorter so would i even be able to grow it long? it also grows more like a helmet shape and i dont know if wearing a hat every single day could contribute to that.. please help
You could always tie it back.
If you take too much off the front it'll probably just grow out the back and become a dirty mullet.
Just grow it out. It'll look funny for a while, but then it'll start to take shape.
Oh crap!
The whole helmet hair thing is probably just god's way of trying to help you out. Maybe he thinks that if you look like you're wearing a helmet all the time, people won't try to beat the hell out of you like they should. Be yourself, that's what's really cool.

Dumbass.
im in the process of growing mine out. its down to my mouth (from the fringe) and its even all round so its getting there. i have 4 weeks for it to grow for slayer lol. but then dragonforce is like the next month so it should be awesome by then.

my friend leon was helmet hair, he gre his out and now gravity just fixed it and it look awesome now. its not metal hair but just really good long hair. his twin brother sean had champion metal hair. he looked like he conditioned it and really looked after it coz it was so shiny and soft lol but he didnt do shit. just windmills lol.
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
The whole helmet hair thing is probably just god's way of trying to help you out. Maybe he thinks that if you look like you're wearing a helmet all the time, people won't try to beat the shit out of you.

Be yourself, that's what's really cool.
Dumbass.
Just grow it out (meaning don't cut it) for a while and see what it looks like and if you like it. That is the only way to find out. Don't listen to people who say "the more you cut your hair, the more it grows." Your hair grows about 1/2 inch every month whether you cut it or not.
Think about this, do you look better with long hair or short?

And you don't need long hair to be "true" metal unless you want to fit the stereotype.
Theres all this shit that can help your hair grow faster at least -

"In addition to making lifestyle changes, taking the following supplements every day can boost hair growth for many people:

Vitamin B-complex - 50 mg. of the major B-vitamins (including folate, biotin and inositol)
Vitamin B-6 - 50 mg. of vitamin B-6
Vitamin C with bioflavonoids - one to two grams daily
Vitamin E - 400 to 800 IU daily
Beta-Carotene - 10,000 to 15,000 IU of beta-carotene daily
One recommended daily dose of magnesium, sulfur, zinc
Silica (horsetail) - 300 mg. daily
Nettle - 250 mg. three times daily
Flaxseed oil - one tbsp daily or one tablet
Beta-Carotene - 10,000 to 15,000 IU of beta-carotene daily "

^ true. most people never thought i was into metal coz of the way dressed and presented myself. im a very clean cut person and they just associate the stereotype look with the music. but then i grab a guitar and show them otherwise \m/. but im thinkin about cuttin my hair into a somethin differnt after dragonforce. maybe.
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
my hair is two and a half feet long at the moment. i've been growing it since i turned sixteen and i'm nearly 20 now. mind you at the end of the week i'm getting it dreaded so the length will probably go back to about 1.5 feet

EDIT: I think i'm winning the hair length contest so far!
Last edited by sillybuuger12 at Mar 12, 2007,
I've been growing mine (from short) for just over 1 and a half years and my fringe goes into my mouth without me pulling it

Just thought you might wanna know
My hair was very long since I was 4, my parents thought long hair was nicer on me, but this year I cut it short for the first time in my life (it was long for 7 years, i only used to cut the edges a bit).

It's going to take a long time for it to grow dimebag style.
I have the same style hair bro...so for that awkward medium length phase i just wore a beanie for a year straight...now i got max from sepultura hair
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Ive growed my hair rel,atively long and everyday it looks a mess so im getting it cut saturdau.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by alexlemon2
I've been growing mine (from short) for just over 1 and a half years and my fringe goes into my mouth without me pulling it

Just thought you might wanna know

Happens to me when I'm eating. Or when the wind is blowing...

Meh, it's worth it