Hello UGers,
I have been in the market for a bigger amplifier, as after 7 months, as I am still stuck with my Marshall MG10. (note: ive played guitar 13 months, electric for 7 months.) My Guitar teacher reccommended the Fender Blues Junior, because he knows im into Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Hendrix, Cream, etc. He said this amp would suit my wide playing spectrum. (I have a pedalboard so i dont need many on-board effects) I was wondering if anyone confirmed his reccommendation...is the Blues Junior right for me?
1. Led Zeppelin
2. AC/DC
3. The Beatles
4. Deep Purple
5. Black Sabbath
6. The White Stripes
7. Stevie Ray Vaughan
8. Steve Vai
9. Ozzy Osbourne
10. Foreigner
as long as your pedalboard has od/dist, i say go for it, blues junior is a great amp

and its gonna be VERY loud compared to your mg10 (if volume is what you are looking for)
It'll be fine as long as you don't need really loud cleans.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
As long as you've got a good OD pedal and need the gorgeous cleans, go for it! I've got one and I play all that music you listed too.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
do u play in ur room alot?

the only thing to note is that, ull want od pedals at lower volumes. when u crank it, it naturally gets dirtier, but is too loud for bedroom use.

so hopefully u have a place to crank it, maybe are moving towards playing with others.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
What are you looking to do with it? Jamming with friends? Maybe small gigs? That what you should be loooking towards. And if so, your guitar teacher has recommended a very good amp for you. Go for it!

P.S.: Save yourself a couple bucks and buy it used! Maybe get yourself a nice OD or wah to go along with it!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
it's a nice amp, no doubt.

other alternatives would be an epi valve junior, perhaps (less versatility, but more of a british rock tone). less wattage, too, but still pretty loud when cranked up.

what's your budget, and current rig (guitars, and pedals, etc.)?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?