haha

Ok, what would be some good acoustic songs that are practically girl magnets? So far I have:

Boston by Augustana
Times Like These by the Foo Fighters
Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
Vindicated by Dashboard Confessional

And that's pretty much it. Any advice?
well a girl once told me that she got an orgasm from me playing taylor from jack johnson. girls always wanna hear anything from j johnson
This thread has been done alot before, so you could have tried using the search button, but anyways.

Glycerine - Bush, and alot of stuff by Jack Johnson
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
**** her gently-Tenacious D
Quote by guitarman015
Dude, that was funny
BTW +1,000,000,000 Cool points for daf00l
Swing Life Away by Rise Against has worked ive heard, I have never heard of gettin glaid because of guitar playing skills, girs around here wouldnt care if you played like Clapton i dont think.
Quote by daf00l
**** her gently-Tenacious D

You're cool, since this is the most original song idea I have EVER heard in the acoustic forum.

I would also say this is probably the lamest reason to play guitar. But if you must, Jack Johnson, Howie Day, the Fray, and John Mayer are all good choices.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by roamingbard13
You're cool, since this is the most original song idea I have EVER heard in the acoustic forum.

I would also say this is probably the lamest reason to play guitar. But if you must, Jack Johnson, Howie Day, the Fray, and John Mayer are all good choices.

Haha so you say Jack Johnson, John Mayer, etc. Also original ideas.. lol, agreed on the lamest reason to play guitar though.
^ My point was every thread someone asks about a song for love or whatever that some douche bag thinks its funny to say that song.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Oh no I know exactly what you guys mean... but the thing is, the songs I like to play are usually ignored after a minute or so... even if they're really good. This isn't actually to pick up girls, it's just more to figure out what would be good to play to keep them interested or singing along
Quote by GLandolina
girls aren't really THAT amazed by guitarrists.

Trust me dude they are every time bring my guitar to school all eyes are on me, but the actual good ones come up and talk to me.

Anothr heart capturing song woudl be Stairway to Heaven By Eric Clapton
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
Isn't that a song ?
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
he probably means tears in heaven
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
I mean Tears of Heaven, sorry about that. Its a good soft song though.
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
A Couple more are:

Here without you - Three Doors Down
Your Beautiful - James Blunt
Bedouin Soundclash - When the night feels my song
Heart - Crazy on you
John Lennon - Imagine
Phil Collins - You'll be in my heart
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - She looks to me
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Quote by RiFf_RoCk3r_24
Anothr heart capturing song woudl be Stairway to Heaven By Eric Clapton

sigged
thx man
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Quote by onebetter
Time of your life. Not such a great song but everytime i play my acoustic in public all the girls are impressed by that and ignore the zeppelin songs. Or just strum a few chords over and over and tell them you wrote it.

now this guy knows what he's talking about. Girls that dont play guitar (or any instrument) are easily impressed by the most simple shit.

Play some chords, make up a song on the spot, make sure it rhymes and you're good. This is speaking from experience too, it works. If u play some crazy complicated rift, they'll think ur showing off.

Keep it simple, keep it entertaining.
Rofl Stairway to Heaven by Eric Clapton. That would be Led Zep.. That tab still gets 5000+ hits every day. I've never learned to play Tears though, it was a song about his kid falling out of a window or off a balcony right? It's pretty moving if you know it, but not that many people do anymore. I've never tried to serenade anyone with the guitar, haha... Seems too ''corny'' (sorry for lack of a better word).
i think tears in heaven is on the list of "don't ever cover this song because you cant do it justice."

some songs should never be covered. especially elegies, you cant cover elegies, that is sacreligious.
Quote by brentonlatour
i think tears in heaven is on the list of "don't ever cover this song because you cant do it justice."

some songs should never be covered. especially elegies, you cant cover elegies, that is sacreligious.

It depends .. sure, you can't play it as well as Clapton, can't sing it as well as Clapton. But it can be played with a lot of emotion and it can be a moving well played song. A couple years ago a biology teacher at my school died in a ski accident. He was a younger guy, liked by pretty much everyone at our High School. They held his Funeral Service in our gym. Over 600 people showed up. A kid he'd been friendly with outside of school (family friend, I think) played Tears in Heaven. I can tell you, I've never seen so many high school boys and girls crying. Everytime I hear this song I think about this teacher. Was the guitar playing and singing on the same level as Clapton? Hell no. Was it more moving? You betchya.
i'm going to have to go with cupid or better together by jack johnson
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
Just play a bunch of open chords
it sounds good whatever chords in whatever combination you play
SPREAD THE WORD OF PEACE
lol, open chords... They don't sound bad, but they're like a warm-up routine, or something I play when I can't decide what to play next.
if you really wana be bold you could learn

my girl
or
are you gonna be my girl

don't forget to look the women in the eyes when you sing/play it
- Logan
basketcase-greenday defently

but stairway by zep would be kinda cool if u had a drummer and a rhythm

but thats pretty much a band.=D

promise-matcbook romance!!
Quote by fsb_ben
now this guy knows what he's talking about. Girls that dont play guitar (or any instrument) are easily impressed by the most simple shit.

Play some chords, make up a song on the spot, make sure it rhymes and you're good. This is speaking from experience too, it works. If u play some crazy complicated rift, they'll think ur showing off.

Keep it simple, keep it entertaining.

amen...just amen