HELP!! my dad's going to the states and gave me a 550$ budget and i want a fender strat powerhouse badly but sadly they're on 600$ do you guys know if they can give discounts or something?
How long do you have? It isn't that hard to earn $50. Or you could ask your dad and pay him back later?
Who dat?
Yeah, 50 dollars is nothing. Barter for it.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
That $600 price is NOT set in stone. I GUARANTEE you, with a small amount of negotiating with the sales person, you'll be able to walk out of GC with that guitar, pack of strings, cheapie strap, maybe even a cheapie gig bag for $550. There's no way they'd lose a $600 sale over 50 bucks. In another life a very long time ago, I used to be the dept mgr of the drum dept at a GC......trust me.....$550 is enough

edit.....just to give you the upper hand......try to go in on a Saturday mid-afternoon, when the place is packed, and watch the sales peeps. Shoot for either the guy that's selling and ringing up guitars left and right like a madman (because chances are he/she has already gotten over the commission point, or is damn close.......hard to explain) or the guy that's trying like hell to sell something but isn's closing anything. He'll be hard up for a sale so he wouldn't mind taking a cut from the GP (a.k.a. gipp....you GC ****s didn't think I knew what I was talking about, did ya?....MUWAHAHAH) to get on the board for the day. Also, if possible to to do this towards the end of the month, between 21st and 29th of any month.
Last edited by 7chaosphere7 at Mar 12, 2007,
ok well they probably wont have it stock. so it depends which gc ur going to.
call ahead and find it. cause if they have to send it over by truck they arent going to give u a deal for it too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
tell them you can only spend 500 dollars for it, and oyu might get it cheaper, or they will just talk oyu up to 550 dollars. i bargain all the time, just act like you will walk away if they dont gice it to you cheaper.
you probibally could get it in a hardshell case for 600 bucks if you can get the extra money, it'll save you later.
Haggle.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Yes, you should easily be able to get them down to $500 on a $600 guitar. I've talked GC down as much as $300 off a $900 guitar, and the $900 was already their discount price.
Jackson USA SL2H Snow White
Peavey JSX 120w head
BVS412 slant cab w/V30's
Furman RR-215 Dual EQ
TC Electronic M300
The guys at guitarcenter (on the floor) get paid on commission to sell stuff, so you can weasel down prices.

Also, the prices are like $20-$100 less at the store than said online.
Thats how I got my g-400 for $300.
Quote by natel0083
The guys at guitarcenter (on the floor) get paid on commission to sell stuff, so you can weasel down prices.

Also, the prices are like $20-$100 less at the store than said online.
Thats how I got my g-400 for $300.

Can't you get the G-400 for $300 everywhere else. Only GC and Musiciansfriend have it at $400 I believe.

But to the thread starter I bargain down reps at GC for gear. I just never tried with a guitar but that is mostly because I don't buy my guitars from them. But I made a thread like this a week or so ago and people told me its possible and from my experience if they will go down on an amp why not a guitar?
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
oh wait. do they accept trading in some old guitars? my big problem is i wouldn't be the one to get the guitar since i live across the world and my dad's the only one going to the US. Im planning on just trading in my old ibanez grg170dx. how much do you think will guitar center give for it? (they're selling it for 240$)
Maybe $100, and have you factored in the cost of a case or something to protect the guitar during the flight?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I'm goin down to niagara at the end of the month and probably will head over to the buffalo GC on a Sunday. Do you think I will be able to get this - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-1960BV-Vintage-Cabinet?sku=482775 - down to like $600 USD or something close to That?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by LightningRider
I'm goin down to niagara at the end of the month and probably will head over to the buffalo GC on a Sunday. Do you think I will be able to get this - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-1960BV-Vintage-Cabinet?sku=482775 - down to like $600 USD or something close to That?

Online websites usually sell for the lowest price possible, if you went to guitar center, you'd be lucky to get it down to the price there.
you do know that MF and GC are the same company
and prices online (on both sites) are usually really close to store price
just the tax gets added in the store

and lightning rider...you wanna get a $300 rebate?
i dont think thats gonna work

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
well it would be month end on a weekend afternoon (Best possible time to get a discount). And another guy said he got $300 of a $900 guitar so why can't I? Even if i got it down $200 it'd be great. Btw, does anyone know how much tax is for the buffalo state?
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
it could work
but i wouldnt rely on that thought

good luck anyway

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
do you guys think i could get the fender jaguar HH which costs around 630$ down to 550$?
Last edited by quimson at Mar 13, 2007,
Ugh.

YES.

Just get your dad to give out blowjobs.

But seriously, haggling is easy as hell. Your dad should go in and say "I've got $550 in cash and I want to buy the Jagar HH."

But seriously, blowjobs.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Yeah I already have 585 dollars for a trip to NE. It's a school ski trip. We're staying in this address

"664 Us Route 3
Lincoln, NH03251"

Yeah, so basically the teachers say that there's a huge shopping outlet mall and I was wondering if they had any guitars?

Thanks if anyone can help...
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
^come on, dont give out addresses.
take that off and google the mall.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Theres a northern lights music store which is a Fender dealer right near there.

@ 57 Main Street Littleton NH. It's a 20 minute drive from your resort.
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Seriously man! Thanks.

And to jj1565 it's a resort address not my adress. they have a website that posts their address so there's no harm in promoting themselves, eh?
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by anarchy_skater
Seriously man! Thanks.

And to jj1565 it's a resort address not my adress. they have a website that posts their address so there's no harm in promoting themselves, eh?

still dude you shouldn't give out an address to where your gonna be to an online forum(a pretty popular one i might add). your gonna get raped
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
You should buy a dictionary 'cause I'm going to Bump This thread and you're going to get crucified for your mis-spellings.

Bump...
Quote by Sonicxlover