that's the question !
i thought emg's do that(don't they?), but are there any other brands that do that too?
Are you talking about pickups that are silent?

What guitar do you have? Most humbuckers would do the job.
Sent from my iPad.
you need a noise gate. PUPS don't automatically switch off their outputs when they don't sense a signal, they put out the same output regardless of if you're playing or not. If you don't want any noise when you're not playing, you need a noise gate.
Yeaah definitely some form of noise-suppression or gate would help you out.
Pedal wise, look into the ISP decimator. You wont hear a thing when you're not playing, I guarrantee it.
The rack version of the decimator is even better, or the Rocktron Hush works wonders as well hahah, a little more pricy though.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
well, i have a tele and it makes terrible noise with distortion and i have a gioibanez hsh that makes this noise too. so actually i was planning to buy a ibanez rg350mdx and i was wondering if the pups would make that noise too! if they will, would putting some emgs in there help?

i have a noise gate and i use it but it cuts off my tone if want it to make it quiet when there's a break or something.
what noise gate do you have? also, I'd advise against the rg370, the trem on it isn't great- go with an s470 instead, or save up (or go second hand) on an rg1570 or 570 (or 1550 or 550 if you want a maple fretboard).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i have the noise supressor of my gt-8. that guitar is my dream guitar and if the tremolo is soooo bad i'll replace it but what about the pickups?
If it has humbuckers, it should make a lot less noise than your Tele. And you could also just turn your guitar's volume all the way down when you're not playing.

Wait. You said it happens with both your guitars? What amp do you have? It could be that.
Quote by Tensorspencer

The rack version of the decimator is even better, or the Rocktron Hush works wonders as well hahah, a little more pricy though.

The rackmount Decimator is like twice as much as any hush rack unit I've come across on ebay.
haha yeah I meant both the rack units are more expensive then the pedals, not that the hush was more expensive then the decimator rack.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
The rackmount Decimator is like twice as much as any hush rack unit I've come across on ebay.

plus the fact (warning: hearsay) that the rack decimator supposedly uses older technology than the pedal for some reason...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
plus the fact (warning: hearsay) that the rack decimator supposedly uses older technology than the pedal for some reason...

I've heard it quite a few times myself but I honestly don't think it would make much of a difference.

You can usually get a rackmount Hush for less than you'd pay for an ISP Decimator pedal.

They're designed by (some of?) the same people, so I can't imagine that they're too radically far apart
^ yeah.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?