Well, i play an Rg350 and am not happy with the INF's.... any reasonable alternatives, i play rock/metal/blues/shred so are there any pickups that will give me these sounds i.e i want versatile ones lol

thnx in advance!
emg 81&85, seymour duncan JB & '59, dimarzio super distortion... what do you play more specifically?
Well, i play an Rg350 and am not happy with the INF's.... any reasonable alternatives, i play rock/metal/blues/shred so are there any pickups that will give me these sounds i.e i want versatile ones lol

thnx in advance!

For out and out versatility the Dimarzio Norton is probably the best bet for the bridge, it'll cover all those sounds no problem. If you feel your sound is lacking in warmth then look at the Dimarzio Breed, if you want a brash, flashy tone then look at the Tone Zone, if you want something really expressive and distinctive sounding then there's the Satriani models (FRED or Mo Joe), they have a very noticeable midrange.

Neck-wise the Breed is probably the best all-rounder, or the good old PAF Pro, possibly the Paf Joe. The Air Norton is popular but has a very dense sound which can make things muddy, particularly with distortion.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Mar 12, 2007,
you're in the UK, I'm guessing you want cheap-ish? Swineshead!

www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk

what's your amp? EDIT: crap, I should've read your sig.

Anyway, the warthog for the bridge is pretty versatile, either spotlight or dragonfly for the middle (spotlight is more of a vintage strat tone, dragonfly (judging by the clips) is more SRV), and condor (think slash, it's smooth) or runaway (think duncan' 59, slightly harder sounding).

Depends what you mean by versatile- if you mean the same as me, that's what i'd consider.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i checked the swineshead website and was very impressed

Bridge: Warthog

Middleragonfy

Neck: Condor

Probably the combination i'm gonna go for.... has this been tried and tested or can ne1 with experience with swineshead get back to me on this

thnx much
^ i have warthog/spotlight/condor in an rg. It's really nice, extremely versatile. great tone too, and great value. Obviously personal preference and all comes into it, but I'm extremely impressed, that's for sure.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ i have warthog/spotlight/condor in an rg. It's really nice, extremely versatile. great tone too, and great value. Obviously personal preference and all comes into it, but I'm extremely impressed, that's for sure.

what combination are they in? e.g. is the warthog in the bridge etc. around how much would all this cost?
^ warthog bridge, spotlight middle, condor neck.

I think it cost me around £115, but they've gone up a little since I got mine... that'd probably be closer to £130 now.

best bet, if you are considering them, though, is to email jon at swineshead with the tones you want, what your guitar and amp is, and ask him what he recommends, he knows more about his own pickups than I do (lol).

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?