Page 1 of 4
what do you think is the best 15 seconds of music ever,

You know when you listen to a song and at one point you just think, THAT part was AMAZING...

the most ingenius twists to a song that just hit you...i hope someone understands what i'm getting at...

heres a well known example, the end of november rain, when everythings faded out and you get that guitar chord and the snare roll, then that solo right up at the top end of slashs guitar. you see its so good because the song could have easily ended there, but no, there not done...yeahh. i love it.
I'm gonna have to say that kickass breakdown in Primal Concrete Sledge by Pantera. I was all like; "Doo-da-dee-dum chugga chug.. Sweet Jesus! What the hell was that?"

I had to listen to that one part over and over again for like, 5 minutes. I seriously wish I could play it. Seriously.

EDIT: Or The Drapery Falls by Opeth, right when the growling comes in. That part always makes me happy.
Last edited by RawrDemon at Mar 12, 2007,
The acoustic break in 10's by Pantera.

The first chord change in Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Probably somewhere near the end of Where Is My Mind by the Pixies.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
i got two...
1. master of puppets by metallica, when it comes out of the slow part
2. the art of shredding by pantera, the intro is f***ing amazing...it goes from lighht and bouncy right into the heavy stuff thats AMAZING
well i dont know if it is the best 15 seconds in the history of music, but i quite like it...

in the extremist by joe satriani, there is a part right after the beginning of the (solo) where it is just lighting quick legato and it makes me smile every time i hear it
1:26 onwards in The Leper Affinity - Opeth.
The last guitar solo into the singing part in Serenity Painted Death - Opeth.

Really, Opeth own for this kind of thing, pretty much every song of theirs is worth mentioning.

2:25 and 3:20 in The Curse of Feanor - Blind Guardian.
1:10 of Ashes to Ashes - Blind Guardian.

Same as Opeth. Just amazing.

Intro to Tchaikovsky's Serenade for Strings. 0:18 of Chopin's Funeral March.

1:34 of Concerto - Cacophony.
Guitar intro to Chaos - Ayreon.
Ragtime piano part of Dance of Eternity - Dream Theater.
Two parts in Epica's Cry for the Moon. 2:16 & 2:53.

Amongst many others.
Last edited by SForbz-Rockstar at Mar 12, 2007,
for me it would probably have to be the second guitar solo in comfortably numb by Pink floyd, but you have to watch it in the wall because it makes it ten times crazier
In the end of Civil War by guns n roses where they speed up the tempo its just so....so.........****in awsome and........
*starts singing Civil War at the top of his lungs*

Civil War FTW
Confortably numb solo any point, Beginning of little wing solo, paranoid android radiohead when the hardcore part starts.
The last like minute and a half of the Velorium Camper II by Coheed. This one part in Santa Carla by Tiger Army where Nick 13's vocals are absolutely perfect and he's got the spoons goingin the background and everything.

God...just a total eargasm.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Drums of Death intro- UNKLE
New York, New York intro- Sinatra
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

The soft solo Mikael Akerfeldt does in Arriving Somewhere But Not Here by Porcupine Tree.

Or listen to You Suffer by Napalm Death 15 times, i guess thats cool too.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
The solo in Selkies by Between the Buried and Me.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
The solo is Trains, by Porcupine Tree.
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
1:20 - 2:20 in the odyssey by symphony X always amazes me it's not 15 seconds but its just amazing
I gotta say, even to this day (about 7 years on) the intro to 'Master Of Puppets' on the S&M album still gives me goosebumps. Sure, the original is good, but it doesnt make me piss myself in excitement like the one with the orchestra backing. It sounds so... epic and brings a tear to my eye :')
The solo is Fermented Offal Discharge by Necrophagist. yum!
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Pantera - Floods outro
Im sure many people will agree
Last edited by Time Bomb at Mar 12, 2007,
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
Really, Opeth own for this kind of thing, pretty much every song of theirs is worth mentioning.
i may be too musically simple for you people, but amost every part in Classical Gas seems amazing.
Well probably not the best, but MCR's solo for the song Dead!. I would have never expected that coming from them.
my name is mud by primus, before the vocals come in. I ****ing love that part
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Fade to Black by metallica, at about 3.55 - 4.10, that's just awesome
the first 15 seconds of

Because it's there(or the chorus)

Fusion of the five elements

Jitterboogie

Ragamuffin

The middle part to Dream beach

and when the violin comes in on Chava's Song

All by Michael Hedges

The main riff to Portrait of Tracy - Jaco

the main riff to More Love - Victa

the main riff to School Days - Stanley

.....i feel like a jazz guy.....or a bassist

EDIT: the best 15 seconds in music are those 15 seconds after an emo song ends, ya no? when the last *5 chord is strummed or the singer finishes bitchin, then you have 15 seconds to ask yourself why you just listened to that
Last edited by FeatherBreeze at Mar 12, 2007,
Opeth- Blackwater Park from 5:13, when it goes all quiet and then suddenly really loud and Mikael growls really low for a long time. I love that
Drop another coin in the slot, and I will tell you more...
Quote by FeatherBreeze
the best 15 seconds in music are those 15 seconds after an emo song ends, ya no? when the last *5 chord is strummed or the singer finishes bitchin, then you have 15 seconds to ask yourself why you just listened to that

even though i disagree with making fun of emo, i must admit i did laugh pretty hard at that

best 15 seconds of music for me would be intro for plug in baby by muse

love that song
the part at the start of MIA by A7X, where the vocals come in and it's really melodic so the words just sink in.
when iggy pop hollars at the begining of T.V. eye...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by Evil_Magician
The slow and heavy riff in ride the lightning. \m/

that reminds me. the same part in Battery (Metallica, obviously), but also the 15 seconds+ of intro, and the part right after the intro, where it just suddenly gets heavy, and then the really thrashy part just after that part. I ****ing love Battery...

another good one is in Phobophile by Crypsopsy, the 15 seconds where it's around 7 seconds of static under a cool bass riff, then suddenly it gets ridiculous. that part freaking owns.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Last edited by poopsmith666 at Mar 12, 2007,
has to be in Dazed and Confused, just after the guitar solo, Page plays those power chords and then Bonzo does the drum rolls, thats pure ectasy
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Demon!

Demon Of The Fall!
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Page 1 of 4