Hey all, my band recently just did our first concert and I was wondering if y'all would watch the videos and give us some feedback as well as general pointers for our next show. The other forums gets about 0 responses.

The quality isnt great but if you listen with headphones it sounds a little better.

Songs can be found here:

http://youtube.com/view_play_list?p=81F5E7788AC4A6EE

Thanks.

*EDIT* link fixed. sorry
Last edited by GuitarGuy2387 at Mar 12, 2007,
im in the blue stupid videos shirt. i had no idea how to act on stage as you can see, our bassist is actually a guitarist who doesnt play bass, but we needed someone who could so he got picked hehe. so yea

we were using crappy pa system and spider 2's, crappy set up, hopefully we'll have better stuff for next time
Most of your playlist if Blink 182, which I dig, so props to you, dude!
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
That's your first gig ever? Not too shabby, man. Best advice I can give you is this -

Relax, you'll play and sing better when you're not too tense. I know it's your first gig, so it's to be expected, just the advice that I was given that I thought worth passin on. You guys looked kinda awkward, but that's expected from a first gig too. So I guess just keep goin. Definately not a bad start.

Oh, and do more originals next gig. If you love covers, split it 50/50. Covers are good to pull the crowd in and get the comfortable, but then you should throw in some originals to see how they react to your own music.
I'm impressed, a bit too much punk for me, but you've got a good set of lungs, and from what I see you can play well.
impressive. really digging the first date cover

and +1 to what mig 853 said
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by ohmerrymayhem
That's your first gig ever? Not too shabby, man. Best advice I can give you is this -

Relax, you'll play and sing better when you're not too tense. I know it's your first gig, so it's to be expected, just the advice that I was given that I thought worth passin on. You guys looked kinda awkward, but that's expected from a first gig too. So I guess just keep goin. Definately not a bad start.

Oh, and do more originals next gig. If you love covers, split it 50/50. Covers are good to pull the crowd in and get the comfortable, but then you should throw in some originals to see how they react to your own music.

Appreciate the comments.

I'm on the left btw, our drummer was a foreign exchange student from germany, and he left a day after the concert, we prepped for about a month for this, more like 7 practices together, because we had to jam with him because he was soo good. hehe

don't forget to rate and comment on youtube, hehe i'd appreciate it.
Blahhh, Love song is by the cure. Otherwise you guys are pretty good.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
I just checked out Under The Bridge, it sounds really cool! You played it really well
Good job.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Sounded good, pretty impressive for a first gig.

One piece of advice from me though: you need more stage presence. After a while, people will get bored with just watching four guys standing still. Try to move around a bit, get the crowd involved. I play bass and do backup vocals. When I'm not singing, I take a step or two back so I can throw myself around a bit, add movement to the show. Then I step up to the mic a bar or so before my vocal 'talents' are needed. It makes the show seem mroe exciting and energetic, rather than you just hovering around the mic waiting to sing or standing stock still at the front of the stage.

Don't take that as a negative thing, it's (hopefully) constructive criticism. You did well for a first gig, looks like you got a pretty long set too. My first gig was three songs and we were on stage for about 15 minutes hehe.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Nice, you're pretty good. And the stacked Spiders look pretty funny IMO.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
I liked the under the bridge cover... I don't know what the bassist was playing though
I also listened to the Under The Bridge cover, was very good. I like your singer's voice.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
the drummer was good
Quote by Ross724
whats harder than nailing a dead baby to a tree

nailing a live baby to a dog
im not into this kind of music, but it sounds pretty close to the actual recordings.

In other words, not my style, but real good
Yeah, I don't like most of the tunes you played, but it was a good performance. You should work on some original songs.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by kaptink
I liked the under the bridge cover... I don't know what the bassist was playing though

I was wondering that as well. I liked Dani california as well.
Sunderland AFC
I don't know if it was just where the camera was/the recording quality, but if possible, I'd try and balance it out a little bit more, the drums seemed to overpower everybody else and the vocals seemed a little covered, I can't remember anything else right now.

Besides that though, it was great, try and have a bit more stage presence, definitely a really good first performance.
Take it to the Riffs and Recordings section... It doesn't get 0 responses, trust me.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S